Thread: ISO's and developers

encity5 is offline -Hacks Smarty

I was just wondering, with all the successful hacking on the psp, like the release of devhook, and emulating further firmwares, and gettin most or all pirated isos to work now, does this put of developers in creating a new game for the psp? im sure developers want their psp owners to buy the actual UMD, and now that its a lot easier to download games and get them to work on most psp's out there, do developers not want to make new games for the psp in fear of loss of profit? could we be one of the reason why they're arent as many good games on the psp?
    i know this probaly can happen to most other systems, yet they still get good games, but those other systems have more limitations like you need to buy a modchip, or have a dvd burner, or this or that, with the psp its the easiest whereas you just plug it in the computer and drag files into it. its also an expensive portable (compared to the popular DS) so they're arent as many owners either, so when developers put out a game, they would hope to get most out of what they can,
    just wanted to hear your thoughts,

OGTiago is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

someone has to buy it to then release it as an ISO :P, well not always. most PSP games suck. im glad i didnt buy them, and i think all this homebrew and shit boosted PSP sales.

The-Horny-Antilope is offline -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by OGTiago
    someone has to buy it to then release it as an ISO :P, well not always. most PSP games suck. im glad i didnt buy them, and i think all this homebrew and shit boosted PSP sales.
    QFT it's the reason I bought one. And >I sure wasnyt dissapointed, thanks to all the fantastic hoembrew devs out there!!! :D

need illegal downloads, warez, PSP ISOs, DS roms, PS2 ISOs, XBOX ISOs etc but don\'t know where to find them? Look no further. Click HERE

GSisaac is offline -Hacks Smarty

Well, I show no pitty for $ony. I do however feel the pain for the developers. I work in the Video Game Industry and I know the ammount of work and money spent in development. Do you know how many games make a profit? About 10% of them. Im sure that ISOs arent helping that percentage either. But, There I go and download more ISOs, Its just too easy to get games for free.

1.0-> 1.5->2.0->1.5->2.71SE-C

nemesis_256 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I wish people stopped thinking that. It's not like if 90% of PSP users download ISOs, it's more like 10%. I'm making up these numbers, but the point is that we're a small portion of a big group of people. It's not like we're killing the PSP. The only dead part of the PSP are UMD movies, and that's sony's own fault.

Kyorisu is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I loled people who pirates games are not lost customers and would never buy the game if piracy didn't exist. So how is it their fault? if anything they're advertising the game for free.

psychokill is offline -Hacks Veteran

yep half the games i have i wouldnt of got if i had to pay for them so the developers lost nothing there pluss the developers only get about 205 or less of the actual game price the majority of the game price goes to the retailer then the next biggest chunk goes to the publishers and pressers then what ever is left goes to the developers so if anything your screwing the publishers and shops more by downloadign a iso than the devs

Resolver1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

WE should atleast support the good games like GTA, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy (whatever the names is), you name it. You should buy a game from time to time.