Thread: Firmware 2.8 tommorow

the end is near is offline -Hacks Newbie

"Just about everyone knows that the PSP's latest System Update is coming out tomorrow. Numbered 2.80, it's supposed to be having about two new features. And in case any of you needed a confirmation, we've obtained a couple of pictures from Comic Con during Sony's presentation. Here are the images.

The said update isn't what we can exactly call "awesome", but the RSS Video feeds will be a welcome addition to those who aren't very much into homebrew (is there such a person?) and those who have 2.71 firmwares (and the dreaded TA-82 motherboards). Still, I don't see too many people getting in on the upgrade bandwagon, homebrew enthusiasts (for obvious reasons) and 2.71 FW owners (for optimism on another downgrader) alike.

Here's the official list of updates right from Sony's press release:

RSS Video
    World Tour Soccer 2 Demo Download
    Sony might have seen some glimmer in providing demos to boost sales of PSP games as they have again fused this update with another demo download; well, we'll see how that turns out. Anyways, it was well known that prior to the much hyped FW 3.0, there would be an intermediate release with a bug fixes and a couple of minor additions. Now that we've just about got that intermediate firmware out of the way, I'm practically foaming at the mouth with the thought of playing PS1 games on my PSP within the coming months.

The other picture which we obtained is a slide showing the results of a survey which Sony conducted. Heck, I myself remember answering that survey a few weeks back, and I am looking forward to most of the features in that list. Let's just see how fast the Sony developers can work to get the updates out.

Anyways, with the newest firmware coming out within a few hours now, I suggest you guys keep checking often. Who knows, the great Booster might just be able to Devhook it."

just thought id bring this news from pspupdates here originaly posted on pspupdates by Pranav T.

Dookie is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Nothing good is coming out in the update. why make a thread about what's already known?
    XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN

the end is near is offline -Hacks Newbie

i dunno just felt like it i guess... but why complain?

ps,
    for all you noobs dont update wait for devhook to get it for you

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Only the psone games can make me upgrade ONE of my PSPs, and thats only if they are good price and after a while if we cant hack it and emulate it on 1.5.

Oh and that definifies that the PS3 is releasing this fall because it says red items will be avalable this fall and the PSP - PS3 link is in red. (unless they already set a release date and im just totally out of it :/)

anyway yea, 2.8 sucks already and its not even released. We have 3 video streaming homebrews that work perfectly for the PSP on 1.5 already! And that stupid soccer demo? :lol:

btw thats a REALLY nice mario sig? did you make it?

Breath of Fire is offline -Hacks Veteran

PS3 release date is November 19th, that was announced about 2 months ago
    _______PSP | Version 3.52-M33 | 2GB Memory Stick Pro DUO
    _______Click Here for my Fully Setup gpSP thread

m1ndle5s is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

didnt ps3 get pushed back again tho?

MarsVolta is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

no its still nov 17

EDIT: there is another 2.8 topic and im sick of having abunch, so here

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=36758

duscuss in there