Thread: 2.8 has arrived...

...SHAD0W... is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

It's supposedly due today but, I just recently checked the official sony/playstation site and they don't have it yet.
    The BIG thing in this update is RSS video feeds...oh and I guess they cancelled all plans for a psp keyboard(well a first party one) Hopefully homebrew can catch up yet again and allow us to emulate 2.8. Anyway here's the article...

It has been revealed at Comic-Con in San Diego that the PSP will be capable of working as a remote for the PlayStation 3.

Whilst the idea had already been hinted at in past months, confirmation of the feature shows Sony's determined approach to add functionality between its handheld and its next generation console.

The speaker at Comic-Con said there would be more interactivity between the PSP and PS3, but did not disclose any further details.

However, he did say the next firmware update, due out on Thursday, will include support for RSS video feeds. Version 2.8 will also include a demo for upcoming title World Tour Soccer 2.

Sony is aware of demand for a video out, and is working on a solution. The company also hopes to set up a system through Sony Connect to allow movie downloads, but the feature is being delayed until they find a way to protect intellectual properties.

And finally, there are no plans to improve the PSP on-screen text entry, or to release a first party keyboard, but Sony is in discussions to increase number of wireless hotspots.

Index » Graphics » ...SHAD0W...

Xekojm is offline -Hacks Newbie

I read adding videos is gonna be as easy as adding music and pictures... but im not gonna let that lure me into uping!
    - Xekojm -

relisar is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Nope, still not a good reason to upgrade. But I'm guessing you would have to upgrade if you wanna hook your PSP with PS3.
    JP PSP 1.5 | JP PSP 1.5 Devhook v0.45 FW2.71 | 2GB Sandisk Ultra | 2GB Sony | 1GB Sandisk

Randomstickynote is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Firmware=Software

Moved

BTW, there are already like 5 of these threads, so I doubt this ones going anywhere.

MarsVolta is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=36758

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=36723

and many more.... use the first one, im gunna lock the rest, including this one.

oo and so far its network update only