Thread: What PSP users want

Iceman is offline -Hacks Member

Howdy all.

Alright, we might as well face it. We all know Sony comes through reading these forums... trying to figure out what we do to crack firmwares, and what we do with our PSP's once we've downgraded.

So, we might as well give em our opinions. If they want piracy to die out, maybe they can make a firmware that we actually like. And if tell them what we like, maybe they'd be inclined to do it, just to end this war, so they can focus on something a little more worthwhile. (Like decent updates ;))

And they can't read minds.

So this thread is for posting what YOU'D like to see in a firmware released from Sony.

Rules: Make it reasonable. Asking for ISO support won't fly. Basically, just don't ask for something stupid.

===========================================================================

What I'd like to see:

1- A homebrew 'environment' that would allow homebrew to be launched from the XMB. I'm sure Sony can do this, though I can't say I know how. Basically, create an environment that is only allowed certain access, not unlike User mode in 2.6. But allow it to play custom games. If you restrict the right things, it shouldn't be too hard to prevent ISO loading. Just allow homemade games to be run. Perhaps release a signature for use. Any eboot signed with this signature will run in "Homebrew Mode", which doesn't allow the required calls for ISO's. (I.E- some kernal calls, like what prevented ISO's through GTA), but still allows calls to allow existing games to run at full speed. (I.E- Sound/video mixers, so stuff like rRootage can run.) Maybe this "homebrew mode" could even be allowed to use the PSP's video/sound card, which would open up a whole new range of homebrew games. And all without piracy. Doesn't seem that unreasonable to me, and would be a huge factor if I were to upgrade. Seeing this might be actually be a sole reason to upgrade, if done correctly.

2- Wireless transfer. I personally find it a pain to hook up the PSP to the computer with a USB cable every time I want to transfer something. It would be a lot easier to just set the PSP next to my computer and go to "Transfer mode", which will cause the PSP to show up like a disk, but minus the cable.

3- Memory Stick Read/Write/Rewrite. Perhaps this is just a OS X thing, but I cannot delete things from my memory stick using my computer (the file will disappear from the PSP, but the space is not freed up on the memory stick), and overwriting it with a new file will not free up the used space either. I doubt this is a firmware thing, but it is worth mentioning.

4- Demo Station. Its like the network update, but when you connect to it, it displays a list of games. This list of games is a list of demos that can be downloaded directly to the PSP's memory stick. It would be a great way to promote new games, and I can see if a game really lives up to its hype.

Those are some of the things I'd like to see. How about you guys?

raped_panda is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman
    Howdy all.

Alright, we might as well face it. We all know Sony comes through reading these forums... trying to figure out what we do to crack firmwares, and what we do with our PSP's once we've downgraded.
    I think you're flattering yourself.
    sure sony might look out for the big stuff but do they really care that somewhere, someone's playing NES on a psp?
    they just release the network updates to save face, honestly.

but I think the psp needs a better mp3 player.
    in my opinion.
    :)

Man. is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

better interface on the photo/music/ video options
    --------------------мαкανєℓι тнα ∂ση--------------------

p0Wer is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

To be able to put any type of video in the VIDEO folder, not the MP_ROOT stuff...

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by p0Wer
    To be able to put any type of video in the VIDEO folder, not the MP_ROOT stuff...
    and I think they already fixed that in 2.8. Or I know that at least you dont need to name them "M4VXXXX.MP4" They can be whatever you want.

- music needs to be playable while veiwing photos and using the internet browser.
    - The same wallpaper function available in 2.0, but with the option to have the wavey lines over it. (because frankly, I LOVE the wavey lines and I know im not the only one)
    - sony should allow unsigned code to be run, just not allow it kernel access. So we can play homebrew, but no piracy. But Im sure sony will never allow even that.
    - more downloadable games. Not crappy demos. Free stuff liek snake, pong, tetris clones, and all that stuff.
    - VISUALIZATIONS FOR THE MP3 PLAYER!! Imagine if you click on a song to play and then the wavey lines automatically rearrange and turn into some awesome visuals! :D

Man. is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderX
    - music needs to be playable while veiwing photos and using the internet browser.
    you can i've done it while view photos but i never been on the browser

as for the wavey lines becoming a visualisation i like that idea mabye if the wavey lines changed colour
    --------------------мαкανєℓι тнα ∂ση--------------------