Thread: How I got my PSP 1.5

CyberDC is offline -Hacks Newbie

I had another thread where I was asking whether or not to buy a 1.5 PSP package that came with a Datel 4GB HDD and lots of iso for $275, but I got outbid by someone who offered $300. I was coming to the conclusion that a memory stick was a better way to go anyway. I looked on Ebay and most of the 1.5 packages were going for over $230 including shipping, and that was usually without any memory cards. So I thought I'd explore a few local stores that sold used systems and see if I could find a 1.5. I called one place that was actually willing to check the firmware version whie I was on hold, but all he had was 2 2.6's. I called a Gamespot but he was an a$$ and let me know that they upgraded their used PSP's to the latest version whenever they got them in. I found a blockbuster that had one, but I knew it was useless to try to ask them about firmware versions, and I found another store called Rhino that had some used systems. I figured I'd go out and check those. So I get to Blockbuster, and I can't even try it out because they had the wrong power adpater, and the battery was dead. Typical. So I go to Rhino and they have one sealed so I ask if I can get it out and play to check for dead pixels :) The first thing I notice is that it's in great shape with no scratches and looks like it's barely been played. They put in Burnout Legends and when I turn it on I see the message "Upgrade to 1.52" I'm thinking hmmmmm is it possible I just stumbled onto a 1.5 original PSP that just happens to be in great condition? The worker saw that I couldn't play and offered to upgrade it for me, and I said nooooooooo. I checked the System Settings and there it was in glorious LCD Lettering 1.50 So I tell the clerk I'll take it. It was $169. So I get it home, install the latest version of Devhook with the ultimate installer, transfer a couple of iso's I've got and after a few minutes of learning how to get to Devhook it's playing ISO's! I also was able to get the SNES Emulator to work with some roms. I've only tried 3 or 4 games, but the one that didn't work was Crash Team Racing. But I am a complete and abolute newbie so I need help with a variety of things.

I've got a thread started here asking some general questions if you want to look in http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/view...389203#p389203

p0Wer is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Well done, you were lucky... There's not many 1.5s out there any more in the shops.

N64 Game Saves is offline -Hacks Smarty

I picked a 1.5 up yesterdey at ebgames... but I took back becuase I wanted a white one.. so i got a white 2.6 and downgraded to 1.5 :-\

Sig By Me

pyro911 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I remember when I bought my psp, it was about a year ago. When I checked the version I remember it saying, 1.0
    I persuaded my friend to buy a psp when he figured out I was playing chrono trigger while taking a crap

Muyfa666 is offline -Hacks Smarty

It's amazing that I still feel joy for any comrade who got 1.50 PSP going. Congrats mate.
    Dark_Alex CFW 4.01 m33-2, 8GB Sony PRO Duo
    FW 2.50 -> 1.50 -> 2.00 -> 1.50 -> Harleyg -> Sold phat PSP -> Bought SLiM 3.72 -> 3.90 -> 3.71 m33-4 -> 3.80 m33-5 -> 3.90 m33-3 -> 4.01 m33-2

WarrRob is offline -Hacks Neophyte

i bought my psp with 1.51 firmware, needed to update to 2.0 to play the demo i got with it and just used the tiff loader for emulators and that was it till i got the bollocks to downgrade to 1.50, worked like a charm.

only thing i noticed when i downgraded was when you go to the photo section then overflow.tiff kicks in, theirs supposed to be 2 strings of letters at the top of the screen. when i did it instead of there being 2 strings of letters at the top their was 3 small strings halfway down the screen, only about 8 letters in each 1? whys that then? any1 know?

still worked anyway

Muyfa666 is offline -Hacks Smarty

That happened to me the last time I downgraded too. I just went with the flow and hoped for the best... and it worked of course.
    Dark_Alex CFW 4.01 m33-2, 8GB Sony PRO Duo
    FW 2.50 -> 1.50 -> 2.00 -> 1.50 -> Harleyg -> Sold phat PSP -> Bought SLiM 3.72 -> 3.90 -> 3.71 m33-4 -> 3.80 m33-5 -> 3.90 m33-3 -> 4.01 m33-2