Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Devhook May Be Down, But 1.5 will never!

ratchet is offline -Hacks Veteran

although they may stop you emulating firmware your still gonna be able to play isos, via emulators and run homebrew like pspvba and daedulus, screw sony they sucks, but the 1.5 is still alive, LONG LIVE 1.5 Firmware

^^Click My Siggy For A Great Website With Both Graphics And Gaming^^

dienasty is offline -Hacks Guru

lol... once devhook is gone i think the psp scene will die... unless they release updates thru torrents.....

================ {~Flare-Fx~} ===============
    xX We Set The Trend.....We Set The Flare.....Flare-Fx Xx

Man. is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

nothing is impossible there will be something else to emulate fm, me personally think devhook will stay
    --------------------мαкανєℓι тнα ∂ση--------------------

Muyfa666 is offline -Hacks Smarty

I think so too. Take XBMC for Xbox for exemple: It NOT legal to distribute it, and still it is very easy to get hold of regular updates... :-) Sony can go jump in a lake. If they can find one that's big enough.
    Dark_Alex CFW 4.01 m33-2, 8GB Sony PRO Duo
    FW 2.50 -> 1.50 -> 2.00 -> 1.50 -> Harleyg -> Sold phat PSP -> Bought SLiM 3.72 -> 3.90 -> 3.71 m33-4 -> 3.80 m33-5 -> 3.90 m33-3 -> 4.01 m33-2

nismo300zx is offline -Hacks Neophyte

i knew something like this was comming. im pretty sure that it wont be going anywhere. may be a little bit for the next update, but im pretty sure if booster doesnt do the updates, someone else will.

YoYoBallz is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I think that devhook will stay around, its like the top downloaded homebrew out there, you just cant stop updating it.

PSPHIX is offline -Hacks Smarty

like someone had mentioned in the comments section, when an update is available we need booster to distribute it under a different name for himself and a different name for dev hook like: fack sony hook(for example)

pkmaximum is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

There is still a way that we can emulate the latest homebrew under a legal scene and that is doing NAND flash emulation. Because that would be the same as a virtual drive so if we have that there is nothing illegal about emulating the firmware, as all we are doing is using the free SONY update eboot provided to upgrade the NAND virutal driver. Also there is nothing SONY can do against something like this because its impossible to change the hardware through software or bios (firmware).

Sure we won't have ISO's any more but at least we will have the most up to date firmware, and we can use that new commercial PSX emualtor coming out and stuff ^_^
    1 God 1 King is truly a king =D He saved me from leaving the scene, but kindly donating his PSP to me. Anybody who talks to him on these forums, is not worthy of his kindness =P THANK YOU 1 GOD 1 KING!!!!

Breath of Fire is offline -Hacks Veteran

We will have ISO's any everything, Sony is just trying to scare us.
    _______PSP | Version 3.52-M33 | 2GB Memory Stick Pro DUO
    _______Click Here for my Fully Setup gpSP thread

pkmaximum is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

Well actually if we are doing NAND flash emulation then all its like having is another on board flash fro the PSP (mod chip) so basically there will be no way to run ISO's because you need to decrypt the firmware and obtain the reboot.bin to do that, and that is what SONY is mad about in the first place.
    1 God 1 King is truly a king =D He saved me from leaving the scene, but kindly donating his PSP to me. Anybody who talks to him on these forums, is not worthy of his kindness =P THANK YOU 1 GOD 1 KING!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast