Thread: Eye Toy for PSP

laurence is offline -Hacks Guru

I was Just lookin around the web and i found this they goin to be a eye toy for psp :)
    I think it works bye plugin into the 2 holes on the top of the psp next to the usb
    (this is the only places i can see where it can be plug into)

I think it goin to be a bit stange playin eye toy games on a psp lol

EDIT: Quote from http://www.gamesindustry.biz/news.php?aid=15358

"The EyeToy camera, which is silver and will connect to the console's USB port, will be launched in September along with an EyeToy Play title and video chat system, while free video and voice-over-IP services will appear in October."

I was wrong about where the Eye toy plug into :( it was the USB lol
    but i think that the two holes are they so the eye toy can be screwed in to keep it in places

If your wondering where I am and cant seem to find me around I\'m at ps3-hacks

Here some more stuff i found out about the Eye toy

Note: The followin is a Quote From http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/715/715833p1.html
    PSP Eye-Toy Revealed
    Camera add-on spotted on display in Japan.

June 29, 2006 - The Japanese-language site ITmedia recently visited what appears to be a boutique PSP store decked out to promote LocoRoco. Besides an impressive collection of yellow-blob plushies, they snapped a nice shot of a PSP add-on Eye-Toy camera on display. Translation revealed speculation that the camera will be officially shown at the Tokyo Game Show this coming September. Sony representatives were unable to confirm this to be true when contacted today.

The camera itself certainly looks snappy in shining metal, and if the imprint on the base is to be believed, sports a decent 1.3 Mega Pixel resolution. We're hoping the big white plastic base is there for display purposes only, and from the looks of the hole cut for the camera, it probably is. Sony is a believer in Eye-Toy related games thanks to the success of the web-cam attachment on the PlayStation 2 and has already shown Eye-Toy applications on the PlayStation 3.

ITmedia.co.jp

Beyond the traditional Eye-Toy games that put a player on-screen, the addition of a camera to an intrinsically mobile device like the PSP opens a wide range of possibilities. Games could challenge players to find specific real-world objects or landscapes and physical motion could potentially be tracked via camera movement. Coupled with the forthcoming GPS and mapping programs currently in development (confirmed by Sony representatives today), the PSP could become a geocacher's dream machine. The PSP's WiFi capabilities also allow for the possibility of mobile video-chat, and possible video transmissions to the PlayStation 3.

ITmedia.co.jp

PsP1337 is offline -Hacks Member

Nice i hope this is true

Man. is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

i posted this a long long time ago like at the start of june and no one believed me
    --------------------мαкανєℓι тнα ∂ση--------------------

Dookie is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Whose gonna want a camera anyway? the quality of the pictures are going to be poop anyways
    XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN

Quote Originally Posted by PsP1337
    Nice i hope this is true
    It is ture and it comein out in sep lol

Quote Originally Posted by Man.
    i posted this a long long time ago like at the start of june and no one believed me
    Wow u know about it for a long time lol :), The reason i think no one
    belived u was beacuse u posted it way to early before they was no proof it was real lol :/

Quote Originally Posted by dookie
    Whose gonna want a camera anyway? the quality of the pictures are going to be poop anyways
    Im goin to want one :) 1.3 Mega Pixel resolution is not bad :) lol

Reaper91 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Dude when this comes out it's going to be the one of the coolest things for the psp

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper91
    Dude when this comes out it's going to be the one of the coolest things for the psp
    Yer i know and i can not waited :)