Thread: hmm... TA-082 confusion

Anti-Steve is offline -Hacks Neophyte

So, is the only reason you can't downgrade from a TA-082 is that you can't update it to a firmware that has a downgrader for it? Or is it an actual hardware restriction formed by sony? Because for the 2.5/2.6 downgrader, you have to *update* to 2.6 and then downgrade to get 1.5, right? You can't downgrade from the original firmware on it, is that it? Flame me if you wish, call me a noob or whatever because I never updated my 1.5 and I just wanted to know what all of the fuss was about with downgrading... if a downgrader came out for 2.71, would TA-082 owners be in luck? I'VE WANTED TO KNOW FOREVER! lol

PSP: Gave it to my gf with 4.01 M33
    CONDITION: 3rd-Party replacement faceplate and buttons, slight disrepair

chunkynotsmooth is offline -Hacks Member

From what I hear the ta082 boards require a higher voltage to power up (when you slide the power button up it sends power to the board) From what I hear 1.5 sends less than 2.6 so it doesnt get enough power to turn on. Thats just what I read it sounds confusing.
    Hapiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone sees it but only you feel the warmth

bceagles is offline -Hacks Member

It has to do with the 1.5 ipl being blacklisted on the board. I believe that volatge change also has something to di with it, at least thats what Ookm said when he realised that the Up would not work on 082's. But im not sure exactly.

laurence is offline -Hacks Guru

If your wondering where I am and cant seem to find me around I\'m at ps3-hacks

1God1King is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

very interesting articles laurence thanks for the link
    CLICK HERE FOR PSP REPAIR HELP

Hardware-Repairs-Help-Thread needs your Help looking for Donations to obtain more parts to help members every little bit helps thanks To DONATE CLICK SIG to DONATE PARTS PM ME

GIGANEWS 14day free trail http://www.giganews.com/?c=1god1king (English) Newsgroup try them out at no cost for 14 days

laurence is offline -Hacks Guru

Your Welcome ^^^

If your wondering where I am and cant seem to find me around I\'m at ps3-hacks

silenthillx is offline -Hacks Veteran

i knew that but i was wondering what does the power voltage have to do with messing up the downgrade?

Come join my site At Http://pspgalaxy.co.nr!
    \"You Have Ended The Battle, But You Just Started The War\"

Iceman is offline -Hacks Member

If i'm correct, the downgrade isn't the problem in the voltage respect. If this blacklisting didn't exist, then the downgrade would still run correctly, right down to 1.5. So you would have a 1.5 PSP. The catch is that the 1.5 firmware, particularly the part managing the power, wouldn't/doesn't send enough power to the motherboard to boot it up, as those motherboards require more power than the ones that can be downgraded.

So the downgrade runs perfectly fine. The problem is that 1.5 doesn't know that there is a different motherboard, which requires more power, and doesn't send enough power to it to boot it up. Seeing as you can no longer get enough power to boot it, you now have a sort of brick. The firmware and BIOS are fine, but your motherboard just isn't getting the power it needs.

Which begs the question. Could a 2.6 W/ these motherboards perhaps downgrade to a custom firmware? One which would send the correct amount of power to the motherboard? That way, the blacklisting can be worked around, as can the power restrictions.

Of course, that's just my thoughts. I know very little about this stuff.