Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: torrents

cookie2rule is offline -Hacks Member

has anyone been caught downloading and if so its there anyway to not be caught (apart from not downloading anything ? ) thank you andy

wOoOoOoOoOoO psp v1.5 with 400 movies two 2gb mermoy sticks and a whole lot of fun !
    ! BOOSTER !
    i think everyone should do this after what he did for us !
    ! hopefully he will come back :> !

GohanSSJ is offline -Hacks Smarty

Check your providers privacy policy, most providers simply never give out any personal info unless it involves serious risks to people (wether that be yourself in a case that they want to commit suicide, or risk to others because you posted somewhere you going on a killing spree)

Anyway when you download a IP is used, when it's traced they can only see who is the internet provider, it never links to you, now providers normally don't give out any info to the police for downloading illegal material.
    That's ofcourse a good thing, bad thing is that they don't usually share info about pedophiles either, simply because they keep your info private.

In the end it's safe to download, because they only go after big targets (like the people who release things).

Will4042 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

get RIAA insurance, it's by a swedish company, i would but i cant find out where to get it!
    if anyone knows where to get it please tell me
    kodachiNET Owner
    irc.kodachi.net #kodachi
    kodachi.net
    YES ADS!

GohanSSJ is offline -Hacks Smarty

RIAA is a American company (hence the last A in RIAA), since he lives in England i don't see why he should be worried about them.

o that sweet i am on wannadoo how ever you spell it ! i hope they do this ! andy
    wOoOoOoOoOoO psp v1.5 with 400 movies two 2gb mermoy sticks and a whole lot of fun !
    ! BOOSTER !

sshaw1982 is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GohanSSJ
    RIAA is a American company (hence the last A in RIAA), since he lives in England i don't see why he should be worried about them.
    Not At All True, The RIAA have twice been all over my machine looking for stuff as well as sending the missus
    cease and desist emails (the net account is in her name).

The only ways to lower your chances of being caught are
    1.Use Newsgroups (no seeding, just leeching, hence no uploading, no risk)
    2.Use Private Trackers (not 100% secure but better than TPB or TS or anything else I can't mention here)
    3.Direct Download (any site that has links straight to d/loads is infinitely better than torrents)

But it depends what releases you go for, trying to grab a newly released film, on a public tracker, you deserve to get caught. (I can hold my hands up there)

I still recommend newsgroups but as most of you don't seem arsed with it (it can be hassle but it is worth it) I shall keep them to myself and the select few here who I know prefer newsgroups to torrents.
    *insert signature here*

what they came to your door and took your pc or from the internet they looked ? i don't download torrents lucky ! lol andy
    ! BOOSTER !

They took over my machine - added allowed ip addresses that I had previously banned into my firewall and screening software and poked around from there, folders that were hidden became public shares - deleted files suddenly came back, all sorts of random illegal shit went on. Its alright for them to hack me, but not for me to share a film thats been out a few weeks
    *insert signature here*

Foxhound is offline -Hacks Veteran

well thats digital tress pass and thats supposed to be illegal. i love how they stoop to one illegal action to stop another. but anyway they're always getting their shit wrong, like they tried to sue this one woman for downloading music and the woman didnt even have an internet connection.

they mainly use scare tactics to get people to pay. just ignore them, get peer guardian 2 and if they start shit with you report them to the BBB
    Vote Foxhound for SM...bitches

Demon rape

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound
    get peer guardian 2 and if they start shit with you report them to the BBB
    Peerguardian 2 *hmpffh!* They can hack that - I know from experience, I added individual blocks for wierd address after doing the arin whois search and finding out several media protection companies were onto me and my machine. Fine, everyone blocked, suddenly my blocked lists (including the ones that come with PG2) have become my allowed lists and everyone has access to my machine!! I couldn't get PG2 working again until I formatted my machine! Even now, If I open ports for torrents - I get hundreds of port attacks from these companies and the RIAA - unlucky for them they can no longer see what I am doing....
    *insert signature here*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast