Thread: If I downgrade, can I play new UMD games?

andy__k is offline -Hacks Newbie

Say I manage to downgrade to 1.5fw, and use Devhook which is like having 2.6 (dont actually know the difference coz im new), will I be able to play any NEW new UMD games, like ones they're about to release? Or will there be an ISO available for the new game anyway?

if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Andy

ShiNZ is offline -Hacks Member

actually, devhook can only emulate fw up to 2.71.. however, it probably wud be able to play newer games wif methods like prx replacements...

mozza is offline -Hacks Ninja

it is a yes due to the fact that there are not many 2.8 games out yet and also shinz is right cause the new f/w games will most likley work with a few pex swaps (oh the good old days lol)

Now Playing G.R.A.W On Xbox Live So If You Think You Are Hard Enough Come Get Some.....................................................................................Gamert ag Mozza01

Man. is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

i think the new gta will be 2.8

the think is i want the UMD not the iso, so i'm stuck unless by then devhook can emulate 2.8 (i wish)
    --------------------мαкανєℓι тнα ∂ση--------------------

well man one day it may happen but i am sure we will be able to do something with it i mean it was only about 6 months agao we couldnt run gta on 1.5 so only time will tell m8 i think it will happen but it took ages for the 2.5/2.6 downgrader to come out i am just going to keep my fingers crossed cause i want to play gt mobile and i think that will be 2.8 but i will not upgrade for it cause it will be one of them (i want to play this i will upgrade and then bang 2 days later devhook emulates 2.8 lol).

Now Playing G.R.A.W On Xbox Live So If You Think You Are Hard Enough Come Get Some.....................................................................................Gamert ag Mozza01

VuZuW is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mozza
    well man one day it may happen but i am sure we will be able to do something with it i mean it was only about 6 months agao we couldnt run gta on 1.5 so only time will tell m8 i think it will happen but it took ages for the 2.5/2.6 downgrader to come out i am just going to keep my fingers crossed cause i want to play gt mobile and i think that will be 2.8 but i will not upgrade for it cause it will be one of them (i want to play this i will upgrade and then bang 2 days later devhook emulates 2.8 lol).
    Exactly So keep in mind to NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA upgrade!!!!! NEVAAAAAA!!!! and therefore:

You = Pwn Sony

devilman is offline -Hacks Member

most new games they release will be 2.8
    Dont let my post count doubt you, Wev been blessed with a search tab

hello devilman lol yes but they will most likley work with a bit of prx changing