Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How come DS is sold more then the PSP

wuzzup is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have both DS nad psp to me i just like playing games and ds has certain games that psp doesn't, as far as good games the ds is the leader buy far the psp has a few good ones most are the same games lets have some new games.I have all the home consoles 360 to and i find myself still playing the ds. i don;t really give ah shit as long as the good games come out.I bought the gamecube just to play Zelda and Metriod thats all the games i bought for that console but it was worth it anybody that doesn't have a ds it ROCKS and grab a m3 mini>>>

philippecr is offline -Hacks Veteran

woo. did u heard anybody showing off here? But I like u.

What I say is, Just buy watever you feel you like.

Neither Sony nor Nintendo will bankrup becos you don't like PSP or DS, rite?
    2.5>1.5>1.0>1.5>3.02OE-A>3.02OE-B>3.03OE-A>3.03OE-A\'>3.03OE-B>3.03OE-C>3.10OE-A>3.10OE-A\' PSP owner. DAX always rulez.
    - Playing: Metal Slug Anthology, Sid Meier\'s Pirates!, Final Fantasy VII
    Waiting for FINAL FANTASY 7: Crisis Core - Good games always need to wait longer...

MaverickHunterZero is offline -Hacks Smarty

Why are you discussing the DS on a forum for the PSP? It is a slanted fanbase so you won't hear about the DS strengths as much as you would somewhere neutral or DS related.

The DS is bought and played by people of many different ages. Esspecially in Japan where huge lines have formed when special editions of the DS hardware come out. It's not a huge line of kids, it's usually looks like the 17 and up crowd.

The DS simply has sold more than the PSP because that is the way it is. Why could be because it costs less, the games cost less, it's made by Nintendo the longtime champion of the handheld gaming market, developers have been supporting the DS aggressively, etc. It could just be Sony hasn't done certain things to move enough of their system. I could certainly name a few things..

I personally I have an original launch Nintendo DS that works great. No dead pixels or anything. I have fun with it. I also have a PSP (v1.5) and have lots of fun with it too. I find the PSP certainly lacking as a handheld gaming platform compared to the DS, but it's certainly better for homebrew because of the higher system specs and more memory. Pretty much for some handheld emulation and maybe the occassional game I use my PSP. But for most handheld gaming it's on the DS/GBA.

Oh and just because the DS has the new DS Lite edition is not a bad thing nor is it at all unfair or cheating, afterall PSP does have other editions/colors too. The difference is doesn't mean anything.

There are many fun games on the DS you may want to check out including Star Fox, Castlevania, Advance Wars Dual Strike, Mario Kart, and many more.

snakeofsolid is offline -Hacks Newbie

few reasons why, yes ds is aimed at younger audiences, its also cheaper, and so are some of its game, it has more recognizable games( WHo the hell doesnt go for mario when they see it anyways?!!) and professional reviewise, it has more critically acclaimed games than the PSP itself, which may soon change come this winter, PSP has some crazy heat lined up.

GohanSSJ is offline -Hacks Smarty

Oh and just because the DS has the new DS Lite edition is not a bad thing nor is it at all unfair or cheating, afterall PSP does have other editions/colors too. The difference is doesn't mean anything.
    That's nonsense and you know it.
    Sony brings out PSP's with different colors for people to pick from, nothing wrong with that, Nintendo brought out the DS with cheap crap in it, and later decided to bring out a semi decent handheld with proper screens (i've seen pictures of the difference, it's huge) and a improved model.
    Nintendo has always done that, they brought out of each of their handhelds atleast 2 versions, and it's simply to make more money, because they know people will buy them, especially the DS Lite as it's a huge improvement, and before you go defending them, they could have made the DS Lite when they released it, but they decided not to do it so they could make more money later on, they simply build a crap handheld so they could improve it.

Now why does the DS sell more, well in America and Europe the PSP and the DS are close in sales numbers, but not in Japan, simple reason for that is the games, in America and Europe we like both the PSP games and a large part of the Nintendo games, what most of us don't like are those crazy Japanese games, and trust me they have crazy games, now in Japan they love those games, and they got lots of gamers, and since Nintendo is a Japanese product, and Sony a American product, the developers in Japan simply make all those games for Nintendo.

So in Japan they just buy and buy and buy, and because Nintendo offers them the type of games they want, they get sold a lot there.

Ofcourse you have to remember that the Nintendo DS really ain't a bad handheld, well actually the handheld is pretty bad considering is made out of old junk (which is why the graphics on the PSP is way better), but there are many good games on it, and the touchscreen adds a fun extra.

Stalvros is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

sony is an american product?
    i thought its a japanese company XD

or at least, i dont know
    but this is what the wikipedia state
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony

The_Master is offline -Hacks Smarty

Sony is a Japanese Company, Japanese Started the Sony Company. Sony make stuff in america n all over the world.

JPPSP v3.73 HX-1 \"Gay\", Sony 2GIG, 13UMD Games, 1 UMD Movie
    JPPS3 v2.01, 60GIG HD, 2 SixAxis, 15 PS3 Games
    PS3 PSN: Johnny-Kun

Stalvros is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

yeah thats what i thought~

The_Master is offline -Hacks Smarty

LOL, how can the Yanks come up with the name "SONY" sounds more Japanese to me :P

JPPSP v3.73 HX-1 \"Gay\", Sony 2GIG, 13UMD Games, 1 UMD Movie
    JPPS3 v2.01, 60GIG HD, 2 SixAxis, 15 PS3 Games
    PS3 PSN: Johnny-Kun

Kyorisu is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by GohanSSJ
    That's nonsense and you know it. Sony brings out PSP's with different colors for people to pick from, nothing wrong with that, Nintendo brought out the DS with cheap crap in it, and later decided to bring out a semi decent handheld with proper screens (i've seen pictures of the difference, it's huge) and a improved model.
    Nintendo has always done that, they brought out of each of their handhelds atleast 2 versions, and it's simply to make more money, because they know people will buy them, especially the DS Lite as it's a huge improvement, and before you go defending them, they could have made the DS Lite when they released it, but they decided not to do it so they could make more money later on, they simply build a crap handheld so they could improve it.
    I couldnt agree more.

Nintendo is a Japanese product, and Sony a American product, the developers in Japan simply make all those games for Nintendo.
    Sony is a Japanese company too. Hence why Japan has a relative advantage over other countries.

Sony Corporation (Japanese:ソニー株式会社, Sonī Kabushiki-gaisha?) is a multinational corporation and one of the world's largest media conglomerates headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The company is one of the leading manufacturers of electronics, video, communications, and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets.
    So in Japan they just buy and buy and buy, and because Nintendo offers them the type of games they want, they get sold a lot there.
    True see the latest black DS Lite?

Ofcourse you have to remember that the Nintendo DS really ain't a bad handheld, well actually the handheld is pretty bad considering is made out of old junk (which is why the graphics on the PSP is way better), but there are many good games on it, and the touchscreen adds a fun extra.
    Meh It's a gimmick.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast