Thread: My introduction/experience so far with my PSP

Dizturbed One is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hope to be sticking around, looks to be some knowledgable people here.

I've had my PSP for about two weeks (gift). After receiving it I did some research and realized I made a huge mistake when I upgraded to 2.8 (I have a wireless network, so I stumbled upon the network upgrade as I was searching through options as soon as I had the thing in my hands). That's how I found this site among a few others, but for some reason I liked this site more. Anyways... I was pissed, then upon further reading and inspection I found it was a TA-082, so not like it mattered. Feeling rather rebellious and ripped off, I jammed the mem stick slot a few times until it broke and wouldn't lock in place, and exchanged it claiming manufacturer defect, lol.

I now have a factory 2.5 without a TA-082 board (YAY for me). So I did quite a bit of reading, and decided to update to 2.6 for the 2.5/2.6>1.5 downgrade (due to rumor of it being more stable). Then I rushed out and bought a copy of GTA: LCS, justifying blowing 45 bucks on it to my fiance' when we're just about flat broke because it would pay for itself over and over in the long run.

BUT... It was the patched version (see my thread in the help section please, lol) so I'm stuck for now trying to get eLoader to work. I'm excited to get down to the nitty gritty and start using some homebrew app's once I get 1.5 going though. I can't wait.

Just trying to say hello to the site and get a feel for it... I'm liking the PSP smilies, lol.

1God1King is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

click link there is a new 2.71 downgrader that you dont need the gta lcs to downgrade so if you want upgrade to 2.71 and the use the new downgrade to downgrade read up on it at the link http://www.psp-hacks.com/

to upgrade get the 2.71 firmware at this site down load in the memory stick psp/game/update run update puts you at 2.71 then use the new downgrader and then return the gta lcs defect wont play in your psp :D
    CLICK HERE FOR PSP REPAIR HELP

Hardware-Repairs-Help-Thread needs your Help looking for Donations to obtain more parts to help members every little bit helps thanks To DONATE CLICK SIG to DONATE PARTS PM ME

GIGANEWS 14day free trail http://www.giganews.com/?c=1god1king (English) Newsgroup try them out at no cost for 14 days

WOOHOO

Thank you so much, I was just now scouring for something just like this to help me out, this is MUCH appreciated man.

Would it be worth it to upgrade to 2.71, downgrade to 1.5, then upgrade to 2.00, and downgrade AGAIN to 1.5?

I'm still unsure what a "clean install" offers me, and the importance of it.

How common is a brick when you do it properly? I don't want to do all of this up and down stuff if it's a bigger chance of bricking my PSP... Then again, if a clean install will lessen that chance in the longrun also... I'm all for it. I'm confident in my ability to do this without messing it up. I'll simply put hazard tape up in a 5 foot radius around my PSP while it's flashing, lol.

wait a second... for the 2.71 downgrade it says I need another user with a 1.5 PSP.

i don't know a single other person with a PSP, let alone a 1.5