Thread: PC to PC video streaming

faIIen is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm looking for a program like pimpstreamer but for PC, meaning I want to stream video from my PC to another PC on the LAN not from PC to PSP. I wish there was a pimpstreamer version for PC2PC video streaming :( it's such a simple to use program.

sshaw1982 is offline -Hacks Guru

There is, its called windows on demand service, we use it here at the college I work at and stream educational videos from one server to numerous classrooms around the campus site
    *insert signature here*

When you're saying windows on demand service you mean the windows build in file sharing facility?? Because i've tried sharing videos directly through my 54mbps Wi-Fi LAN but the videos froze for 2-3 sec every one minute of playback, so I guess I should encode them by lowering the quality a bit (on server side) and then stream them.

sshaw1982 is offline -Hacks Guru

no, just increase the buffer amount in windows media player and that should resolve the issue, we encode to wmv cos my boss is a stickler for microsoft regs but i'd personally use mp4 with the mp4 plugin for windows media player.
    It shouldn't matter on file size or quality though if you increase the stream buffer settings
    *insert signature here*

heh i kinda hate windows media player...i'm using mplayer classic, but i'll give it a shot. Thanks :)