Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: YAY! I finally got 1.5!!! :)

gummyworm is offline -Hacks Newbie

I recently bought a Ceramic White PSP with v2.6 and was eager to downgrade tonight. Luckily, my friends were able to guide me to this wonderful site, where I had done it less than 40 min, when my other options were mind boggling. First, I thought I needed to track down a unpatched version of GTA: Liberty City (I went to Sam Goodies, saw a 2005 copy with a diff background picture. I thought that was it, forked 42.99 for it....yeep...bastards) Ofcourse, I found out it was 2.6...*A03 version...crapers)

So I went to a more risque plan B. Upgrade to 2.71 and downgrade...
    I thank Power for his wonderful guide, and the makers of the 2.71 Downdater as well.

So in the end, Im down 42.99 but atleast my PSP is not bricked! HUZZAH!

Oh by the way, couple of my buddes have been telling me to once again downgrade to version 1.5 to 1.0, then upgrade to 1.5 again using Sony's Official 1.5 updater. Supposedly, he said that this creates a "claner version of 1.5."

Can Anyone clarify this for me?
    And what is the most current version of the Dev Hook that is out right now. Upon reading Cls' Guide in the forums *(http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about39858.html)* which was written in 8/18, talks about a Device Hooker.

None the less, Thank you everyone, and have a wonderful day.

slaphappygamer is offline -Hacks Guru

go to the tutorials section here and see the "setting up devhook" thread. chaos zero has so much information here. check it out.
    my psp is my bitch

...SHAD0W... is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by gummyworm
    I recently bought a Ceramic White PSP with v2.6 and was eager to downgrade tonight. Luckily, my friends were able to guide me to this wonderful site, where I had done it less than 40 min, when my other options were mind boggling. First, I thought I needed to track down a unpatched version of GTA: Liberty City (I went to Sam Goodies, saw a 2005 copy with a diff background picture. I thought that was it, forked 42.99 for it....yeep...bastards) Ofcourse, I found out it was 2.6...*A03 version...crapers)

So I went to a more risque plan B. Upgrade to 2.71 and downgrade...
    I thank Power for his wonderful guide, and the makers of the 2.71 Downdater as well.

So in the end, Im down 42.99 but atleast my PSP is not bricked! HUZZAH!

Oh by the way, couple of my buddes have been telling me to once again downgrade to version 1.5 to 1.0, then upgrade to 1.5 again using Sony's Official 1.5 updater. Supposedly, he said that this creates a "claner version of 1.5."

Can Anyone clarify this for me?
    And what is the most current version of the Dev Hook that is out right now. Upon reading Cls' Guide in the forums *(http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about39858.html)* which was written in 8/18, talks about a Device Hooker.

None the less, Thank you everyone, and have a wonderful day.
    Congratulations on downgrading and welcome to the PSP homebrew community!
    About your Devhook question, 0.46 is the latest and allows you to emulate up to 2.71 firmware.
    Index » Graphics » ...SHAD0W...

Todesengel is offline -Hacks Hacker

Upgrade to 2.0 and downgrade. 2.0 downgrader is the safest downgrader.

1God1King is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Todesengel your killing me with the avatar not mr huckstabal ok f%$#%^ the spelling up but you get the point i like it i showed it to my wife shes still in tears lol :D
    CLICK HERE FOR PSP REPAIR HELP

Hardware-Repairs-Help-Thread needs your Help looking for Donations to obtain more parts to help members every little bit helps thanks To DONATE CLICK SIG to DONATE PARTS PM ME

GIGANEWS 14day free trail http://www.giganews.com/?c=1god1king (English) Newsgroup try them out at no cost for 14 days

Todesengel is offline -Hacks Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by 1God1King
    Todesengel your killing me with the avatar not mr huckstabal ok f%$#%^ the spelling up but you get the point i like it i showed it to my wife shes still in tears lol :D
    Thanks! :) I really liked the picture and thought: "Eh what the hell, I use it as my avatar"
    Now everyone knows about Bill Cosbys dark side! :twisted:

I almost for got to mention...
    Install Harley G's(v0.2) custom firmware while you have 1.5!
    It's like 1.5 but it allows many things...
    No UMD autorun
    Hides corrupt files
    1.00 EBOOT support
    Ability to run prx mods(like letting you play songs anywhere in the menu even while watching videos)

AND

Most importantly...
    It lets you recover your beloved PSP if you happen to brick it!

gummyworm is offline -Hacks Newbie

Oooh, Recovery!

thanks shadow.

Also, can anyone enlighten this for me? Is there a way to swtich from ISO to UMD Disk while in Devhook's XMB?

I know holding home and pressing L swtiches ISOs, but I am wondering if there is a short cut to load up the UMD Disk. I can't seem to find it in the Zero's DevHook guide.

Thanks guys!

-also-
    Alsmot forgot, If i install Harley's Firmware, is it possible to get rid of it later? As in does the progrma files of HarleyG's Custom firmare stay within the memory card, so that I can format it later and return to the original PSP Firmware (which is 1.5), or does it go in to the PSP's internal memory (like DevHook flashing)

And lastly, so I should upgrade to 2.0 and redowngrade to 1.5 right? Are the benefits really worth the trouble? or can i just stay with my 2.6 > 2.71 > 1.5 psp?

No problem,

I haven't heard of UMD>ISO switching in Devhook but I've always wanted it.
    It's possible to get rid of the custom firmware later, I don't see why you would want to though...
    Its saved into the internal memory(known as flashing)
    It's not a full custom firmware, more of a modded firmware.
    It's the original 1.5 firmware, its just allows you to do things buy holding buttons on start up
    (like it can automatically load devhook.)

Devhook isn't flashed by the way, it just runs off the memory stick.

p0Wer is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Congrats on your 1.5, be carefull now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast