Thread: Best Homebrew musicplayer that makes u able to play games while listen

Zackarak is offline -Hacks Ninja

Hi, which is the best homebrew musicplayer that allows me to run homebrew apps but the music is still running. If it's possible i would like one that allows me to play ISOS while listening to music too.

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

lonewolf1 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

ir shell isnt compatable with all games, you cant run devhook with music in the background which means you cant play a lot of your isos/umds. Also some homebrew that uses the media center for music will crash your psp if you try and run it with music playing.
    \" I ran until I spit battery acid, and then I ran some more \"

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf1
    [...]you cant run devhook with music in the background which means you cant play a lot of your isos/umds.
    Yes, on UMDs :paranoid:

Step 1. Get your 1.5 PSP, and get it in usb mode.
    Step 2. Download this zip file- http://rapidshare.de/files/32217043/...ll20x.zip.html
    Step 3. When that is done downloading, open it up, enter the MS_ROOT directory, and extract the dh folder to the root of your memorystick.
    Step 4. When your computer asks you if you would like to overwrite the files, click yes to all.
    Step 5. Go into irshell, version 2.0 or 2.1, MAKE SURE THE CPU SPEED IS 222!, and click the devhook icon.
    Step 6. Press circle to launch the umd in drive (probaly a 2.0+ needed UMD)
    Step 7. Devhook will boot up and launch the UMD. when the psp splash screen ends, you will probaly see the irshell menu in the background. it is perfectly normal, and means you did everything right.
    Step 8. The umd will paly normally, and you can press L TRIGGER + SELECT to get to irshell, where you can launch music to play or do any other tasks in the background. if you press L TRIGGER + SELECT while in irshell you will return to the game.

Breath of Fire is offline -Hacks Veteran

Yeah IR Shell does anything, kinda like XBMC for the XBOX.
    _______PSP | Version 3.52-M33 | 2GB Memory Stick Pro DUO
    _______Click Here for my Fully Setup gpSP thread

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosZero
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf1
    [...]you cant run devhook with music in the background which means you cant play a lot of your isos/umds.
    Yes, on UMDs :paranoid:

Step 1. Get your 1.5 PSP, and get it in usb mode.
    Step 2. Download this zip file- http://rapidshare.de/files/32217043/...ll20x.zip.html
    Step 3. When that is done downloading, open it up, enter the MS_ROOT directory, and extract the dh folder to the root of your memorystick.
    Step 4. When your computer asks you if you would like to overwrite the files, click yes to all.
    Step 5. Go into irshell, version 2.0 or 2.1, MAKE SURE THE CPU SPEED IS 222!, and click the devhook icon.
    Step 6. Press circle to launch the umd in drive (probaly a 2.0+ needed UMD)
    Step 7. Devhook will boot up and launch the UMD. when the psp splash screen ends, you will probaly see the irshell menu in the background. it is perfectly normal, and means you did everything right.
    Step 8. The umd will paly normally, and you can press L TRIGGER + SELECT to get to irshell, where you can launch music to play or do any other tasks in the background. if you press L TRIGGER + SELECT while in irshell you will return to the game.
    But i cant play ISOS only umd?

I got it working on daxziso and homebrew apps except devhook and snes emulator. How do u get it working on those? it crashed on snes and when i press start on devhook the music disappears xD

SNES won't work (it uses the CPU IR Shell uses for sound)

DevHook will only work while playing UMDs, using the method above.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosZero
    SNES won't work (it uses the CPU IR Shell uses for sound)

DevHook will only work while playing UMDs, using the method above.
    thx!