Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast Emulator, Is It Possible?

Ferg is offline -Hacks Newbie

OK, this is just a sorta question to coders, im not sure if it has been discussed before, if so, sorry for asking.

i was wondering if it would be possible for a dreamcast emulator to run on a psp.
    I was looking at the dreamcast specs the other day and noticed they are pretty good for the time it came out:

16MB System Ram, 8MB VRAM and 2MB for audio. IT uses a pretty complex audio CPU though, a 32-bit Yamaha Super Intelligent Sound Processor. The CPU is a Hitachi 128 bit graphics engine with an on-board RISC processor SH4 (operating frequency of 200MHz 360 MIPS/1.4 GFLOPS) and is capable of processing 3 million polygons per second. and of course the uber fast 33.6 Kbps onboard dial up modem (rock on)

All in All, pretty good and still packs a punch. now PSP's are a bit more high spec with the CPU capable of clocking at 333 MHz, 32 MB system ram and 4 MB DRAM (i think its 8mb VRAM coming out of the 32 MB system ram, please correct me if im wrong). The only thing missing is the psp audio CPU, and i dont see it being a problem to be honest.

so basically, im saying, that PSP's hardware isnt the issue in devolping a dreamcast emulator, more software side with the dreamcast's custom OS.
    think its possible?

im-still-waiting is offline -Hacks Member

d dreamcast was shit,nuthin beats d megadrive:D
    eat sleep drum repeat

Ferg is offline -Hacks Newbie

are you joking me? The dreamcast was stupidly ahead of its time it was unreal, it supported Direct X and Online Play, it was even capable of emulating the PS1! using Bleemcast.

so wat!!!!!its games were pure crap!!!
    its lyk d psp sorta,has gud graphics bt most a d games r shit!!!d psp wudnt b da gud if we cudnt do all the cool stuf on 1.5
    eat sleep drum repeat

Scimpy666 is offline -Hacks Guru

One word, Shemnue. That game was awesome for it's time. The Dreamcast was as good machine the only thing that let it down was the lack of DVD playback.

cum on ppl!we dont buy consoles 2 watch dvds on,i have a dvd player 4 watchin dvds,i dont rely on my ps2,since its dvd player isnt very reliable ne way
    eat sleep drum repeat

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

PSO and Sonic!
    Dreamcast was the most advance system for it's time.
    Poor marketing, lack of developer support, and a bad release date is what caused it's downfall.

I Think it will be a while until there is a DC emulator, just because we barley have N64 running, and DC is more advance.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

the DC could play cd back-up out of the box, you can pay some game w/o a boot disk
    but the DC boot disk was ez to get

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

laurence is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosZero
    PSO and Sonic!
    Dreamcast was the most advance system for it's time.
    Poor marketing, lack of developer support, and a bad release date is what caused it's downfall.

I Think it will be a while until there is a DC emulator, just because we barley have N64 running, and DC is more advance.
    What chaos said but i think it possable as everyone said the ps1 emulator would not be possable lol

If your wondering where I am and cant seem to find me around I\'m at ps3-hacks

and dey also z der wud neva b a 2.6 downgrader.............r a 2.71 downgrader:Dlol
    eat sleep drum repeat

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast