Thread: The greatestnews in psp history

dablakmark8 is offline -Hacks Smarty

Ok this must be a thing every one knows.

Custom firmware installed on a 1.5 psp with a update folder placed in psp game and the 2.0 update eboot in it on the memory stick ,is a good thing

The event of a full brick with this update folder still on the memorystick can save you money because
    a friend of mine bricked his psp cbecause of a power cut in the area ,

He took it to an agent of sony ,They sent it away and 2 weeks later gave his psp back
    This had firmwre 2.0 on it
    he asked the guys what they did and he told me that they managed to fix the registry and because of the update still being on it it cost him less money.Also they said something about memory on the flash folders saved his ass.

So coders i think there is work to do on the psp internal memory,So ther will never be a bricked one again

ps...when my friend sent his psp away he had a sony memory stick

It takes a nation of millions to hold us back-Public enemy 1987

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

This isn't a hack, crack or a mod... Why is it in Hacks, Cracks and Mods then?

~MOVED~

cls
    cls is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosZero
    This isn't a hack, crack or a mod... Why is it in Hacks, Cracks and Mods then?

~MOVED~
    nice colors ;)

Kinetic is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by huhh
    Reboot your PSP with Wifi button up and Hold switch OFF. If you are unable to boot into 1.5, restart your PSP with the Wlan UP and Hold the X button. This will launch the 2.00 update you placed on your PSP before the flashing, continue to update to 2.0 then use the MPH 2.0 -> 1.5 Downgrader to bring it back to 1.5. You can go back to a) and try installing it again.
    yea this part is from http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=37581 so like why didnt he just do that, i mean just turning it on and holding x seems to me to be easier than sending it away to sony, but i guess thats just me.

dablakmark8 is offline -Hacks Smarty

no no i think i posted this in the wrong section,,my words are a bit wrong
    What i ment to say is that he had the update on his psp,but he never had custom firmware installed.I have custom firmware installed.He was trying to do some shit on his psp when it bricked,and sony agents used his update which was still on it,This is what saved his ass
    Still there was something in the psp memory,which they fixxed and unbricked it,I saw this psp and it was fully bricked at the time.I dont know how they done it,I will post the report from the agent
    ILL have to scann the document first,,,thanks
    It takes a nation of millions to hold us back-Public enemy 1987

Paco is offline -Hacks Member

lol dude w/e that still isnt any kind of news, and whether he had an update or not on the ms is coencidental if nothing else, i can send a fully bricked psp to sony right now with no memory card or update files and theyd still be able to save it cause theyd just hook it up to their fancy computer and re load the little memory chips in the psp with any given firmware just like when they made the psp the first time. i will say he got lucky though that they gave him 2.0. cause usually and this is strictly from what i hear from people who have sent their psps in for w/e reason is that they come back fully updated to w/e is the newest fw, in this case now being 2.81. lol i bought a used psp from gamestop and just now noticed 2 months later that the wlan doesnt even work. even in 1.5 it always has an internal error message while trying to scan for access points to set networks up with. i cant send it in cause i know it will come back as a 2.81 to me and that fw not being downgradable yet is enough motivation to just put up with it, pisses me off though cause now i cant do any kind of wlan games like i used to. :(