Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: noob guide to asking questions and getting help fast

1God1King is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

ok this more then likely won't get read by the noobs but figured what the hell if one reads it it has served it purpose.

In this i will give a outline on how to post a help question and show how to get a quick response if anyone has any other suggestions feel free to let me know and i will add them ok here we go.

1) READ RULES this will tell what is allowed to be post and whats not http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

2) once you have read the rules you have now have completed something that most noob have never and thats read something that can help YOU help YOURSELF and have armed YOURSELF with info that will help you .

3) Now that we know what we can post and what we can't you are ahead of the game and well on to getting your question answered Quickly . Now we need a question and in order to do that there are several places on this forum you should go to once you have one.

a) HOME PAGE> check it out alot of info available here even read comment for new homebrew located at bottom of post i have found info on how to install certain apps from time to time in the comment section you may too .

b) HELP yes this is for help but try to help yourself first believe it or not you don't have to post in HELP to get HELP just search the question you have and see if it has already been asked and you may find your solution.

c) TUTORIAL SECTION BIG> there are alot of great tutorials with links to the downloads you will need and instruction on how to install

d) INDEX this page will allow you to find what section you need help in GAMEBOOTS etc take a look

e) SEARCH> this is double fold THE SEARCH BAR not only for this site but period you can search for members andfind the response to a question that you may have remember just about everything has been asked and answered you using this can save you time

f)DOWNLOADS> it is what it is no need to post "where do i get this app"

I am sure the list could go on and on but just wanted to share the basics and now that you have them lets post a question.

1)[color=orange] You will find if you follow the steps above the question that you had ,you were able to find the answer YOURSELF/color] makes ya feel good huh :D You have just saved time and decreased the chances of being added to KILLA J sig if you don't know what i am talking about here's a chance to use the SEARCH and SEARCH memeber and read his sig

2) If after SEARCHING for all info that deals with your problem and you still need help you can ask a question that is clear and to the point [ keep it short no one like's to read a book ] and will more that likely get answered and you will have a understanding of what the person who is helping you is saying .

3) SPELLING and CAPS> ok spelling , there is a spell check use it lol although i am not one to talk i am bad speller :paranoid: but do as i say not as i do :D and if you have read the rules writting in all caps will get you flamed or cap yes psp hacks got GANGSTERS :D

4) THE QUESTION> if you want someone to read your question ask a question don't post a post like " it doesn't work" or "help" these type of help post will more than likely get ignore , there are many people at this site that have great info for a different things and if you make it clear what you need help with will response faster to a post that is clear.

5)SHOW APPRECIATION > THANKYOU goes a long way

[b]6) REPOST> the result this way if a person has the same problem they can see that the answer to your original post works and will not have to post the same question for help

this is just a rough draft out line that will save you time not effort because that seems to be the main problem not putting effort in to saving time and searching for yourself

CLICK HERE FOR PSP REPAIR HELP

Hardware-Repairs-Help-Thread needs your Help looking for Donations to obtain more parts to help members every little bit helps thanks To DONATE CLICK SIG to DONATE PARTS PM ME

GIGANEWS 14day free trail http://www.giganews.com/?c=1god1king (English) Newsgroup try them out at no cost for 14 days

laurence is offline -Hacks Guru

NICES NOOB'S GUIDE lol I write in caps lol

If your wondering where I am and cant seem to find me around I\'m at ps3-hacks

the_alchemist is offline -Hacks Smarty

hahah yea your forgetting one thing though. Noobs don't read anything unless its in pretty colors and simple to understand!
    Yes...I am way to lazy to make a real signature.
    PSP\'s history
    2.60---2.71---2.8(FUCKK!!!!)---1.5(YAY!)---3.02 OE-B---3.03 OE-C(2 scared to upgrade to 3.10, heard nasty rumors)
    I\'m havin so much fun with my 4gb memory card!

ok this more then likely won't get read by the noobs but figured what the hell if one reads it it has served it purpose
    Quote Originally Posted by the_alchemist
    hahah yea your forgetting one thing though. Noobs don't read anything unless its in pretty colors and simple to understand!
    so i guess you didn't read it :paranoid:

laurence your cool found your reponse funny but for the_alchemist what ever :paranoid:

the_alchemist can't be anymore clearer i guess i should of use gaga gogo

unreal not the greatest guide but wasn't my intent just wanted to give some pointers on the quickest way to get a response to a question

Hardware-Repairs-Help-Thread needs your Help looking for Donations to obtain more parts to help members every little bit helps thanks To DONATE CLICK SIG to DONATE PARTS PM ME

GIGANEWS 14day free trail http://www.giganews.com/?c=1god1king (English) Newsgroup try them out at no cost for 14 days

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by the_alchemist
    but he's right. i read the whole thing, but at first glance it just looks like an intimidating wall of text (much likes lord's posts during debates).

so what do you suggest killaj

b4rtsimps0n is offline -Hacks Hacker

you really feel attacked, don't you?

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

please tell me somebody has that flash video bookmarked! the one with forum guidelines for newbies. it's PERFECT

Quote Originally Posted by b4rtsimps0n
    you really feel attacked, don't you?
    no not at all

coreyoli is offline -Hacks Newbie

I read it before you started adding all the colors, lol.. I'm still a noob to PSP's, but that doesn't mean I'm rude.. To many people confuse rudeness to noobness... I use my pleases and thank yous, I don't type in all caps EXCEPT for maybe a word or two to emphasize... I post updates to my problems and resolutions... I try to help others...

So please, remember noobness does not equal rudeness :)

(This has been a public service announcement)

By the way, nice guide, I hope people read it and try to remember it!!

-OLi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast