Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: i am confuse

tuk
    tuk is offline -Hacks Newbie

After reading.. what I had in mind is

1.5, can play homebrew (downloaded games?)
    TA082 board, cannot downgrade to 1.5 to play homebrew(downloaded games?)

TA082 board with latest firmware cannot play homebrew(downloaded games?)

Pls help me on this... as I wanted to get a PSP soon.

Teebor is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

This should be in help section. But for now.

If you a TA-082 PSP and its 2.71 then you can use the homebrew enabler (HEN C) to emulate 1.5 and run homebrew

If you have a TA-082 and its a 2.61 go to the front page and read the news section as it is possible to downgrade those now (God bless you Ookm)

If you get any other PSP then you will need to check exactly what it is but it should be possible to downgrade it to 1.50 and live happily ever after.
    I finally updated my sig, can\'t thing of anything decent to put it in though

tuk

Quote Originally Posted by Teebor
    This should be in help section. But for now.

If you a TA-082 PSP and its 2.71 then you can use the homebrew enabler (HEN C) to emulate 1.5 and run homebrew

If you have a TA-082 and its a 2.61 go to the front page and read the news section as it is possible to downgrade those now (God bless you Ookm)

If you get any other PSP then you will need to check exactly what it is but it should be possible to downgrade it to 1.50 and live happily ever after.
    Is there a version 2.74 Firmware now? If its a 2.74 + TA-082. can I still homebrew enabler (HEN C) ?

Teebor is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

oops, sorry just noticed my typo above, it should read 2.50 NOT 2.61. Damn my fingers!

There is no such thing that I know of as 2.74 the only one higher than 2.71 is 2.80 to my knowledge and you would have to be incredibly unlucky to get one of those. It you did get a 2.80 Ta-082 then you can't do anything with it (yet)
    I finally updated my sig, can\'t thing of anything decent to put it in though

coreyoli is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tuk
    After reading.. what I had in mind is

1.5, can play homebrew (downloaded games?)
    TA082 board, cannot downgrade to 1.5 to play homebrew(downloaded games?)

TA082 board with latest firmware cannot play homebrew(downloaded games?)

Pls help me on this... as I wanted to get a PSP soon.
    I had the same issue.. I went to Circuit City, bought a PSP and boom TA-082 board, I didn't even fire it up to see what FW it had, I just took it back...

Then, I went to EBGames and bought a used non TA-082 that was in mint condition... Paid the extra cash for the 1 year no questions asked replacement warranty and went to town downgrading and having fun!

Long story short, pick up a used one that's in really good condition and you should be fine, just make sure it doesn't have the goldish print in that forsaken spot in the UMD drive.

Good luck!

-OLi

P.S. the damn spell checker on PSP-Hacks complains about PSP, what's up with that?? lol :)

tuk

really feel like wacking the sales guy. now he tell me the firmware is 2.6....

tuk

another question. if after loading Tutorial: Devhook on 2.71 + Installer into the PSP. I download the games .iso and burn to cd, will it able to run? or I burn the iso image into the cd.

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

you dont burn the image to a CD. you cant burn the image to a UMD and play it on the psp because you cant burn UMDs. you put the image on your memory card and use a loader to run it from there

crypysmoker is offline -Hacks Neophyte

wow... I just see a big DUH piracy conversation coming out of this uninformed person. is it really that hard for peopel to reserch instead of relying on everyone to do everythgin for them.
    The stupidity and iggnorance of todays youth will lead to world destruction. Join the End of the world party today for a small fee of your life savings.

Call now!!!

tuk

oh!

then UMD for wat.zzz

ah..my bad my bad..now I know how the UMD looks like.. I always thought its just like any other cd (just that its smaller size)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast