Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maybe a Repost Need help with 2.71

hydroskillet is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey All,

I'm trying to downgrade 2.71 to 1.5,, and I am using 2.71 Dondater Lite by Darl_AleX ,,, now it says that I need to pull the downdater folder from another PSP running 1.5 ... is this true,, or is there a way to downgrade without the use of another psp.

bman is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I dont have a 2.71 but do a search and you should be able to find a complete pack either here or other psp sites!

yeah, I've been searching, and I found a downdater folder off a news group, I just wanted to know if the other PSP was required. I've never reflashed on, I usually on work on xbox's. and really don't want to brick my friends PSP.

ok found my issue, I was using Dark_AleX 's 2.71 LITE ,, really I should have been using 2.71 Full <<<<< .. did that and everything flashed like a dream.. Got pretty scared though the first time the red screen did not come up. I went to power it off and try again, and power button was not responding (I thought I bricked it) then I took battery off, tried again, and went smooth as silk. Thanks Dark_AleX for this app.

Lucky mate! well enjoy your new 1.5 and BE CAREFUL with it.

becareful ?????

Yeah, be careful if you decide to mess around with the flash. Custom firmwares,gameboots,backgrounds etc etc.

lol oh I gotcha :) well acctually the flash is not for me its a friend, and I seriously doubt he knows how to change anytihing. I usually install mod chips, and flash xbox's so this was a good learning exp. Although, at the same time, I'm sure I'll be doing many more flashes to this handheld if the firmware is reinstalled with the games :) lol

Na, no need to re install the firmwares just get devhook and EMULATE the firmwares and stay on 1.5. I think thats what you mean.

ok :) lol still a noob at PSP flashing, I did not know I could emulate those firmwares, I will look into it thanks Bman you rock!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast