Thread: 4gb Memory stick fix

JusR23 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I know that this works on a S*ny memory stick pro duo as I have done this myself. If your having major lag when playing a game off your memstick i.e. Medal of Honour-Heroes it is most likely down to the file system that the memstick is (4gb=FAT32). Its possible to change this to FAT16 (or just FAT) using command promt heres how its done.

using windows command prompt:
    start -> run -> cmd
    format x: /fs:fat (x is your ms)

I got this from a guy named Golalmo from 1src.com forum I hope this ain't been posted before and I hope it helps a few people on here as much as it helped me :)

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

No, FAT16 is limited to 2GB partitions. Also I doubt that FAT32 would slow you down much at all.

JusR23 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Mate I kid you not i'll show you a pic stating that the ms is 4gb on FAT16 file group when I get back from work. It still holds around 4gb (well 3.79gb to be precise) I have 6 games on my ms to test it and they all run perfect. I don't belive in BS so I wouldn't of posted it if it didn't work or hadn't tried it myself. I don't know alot when it comes to things like FAT12/16 and FAT32 so i'm in no position to argue. I can confirm that on FAT32 it will slow down a iso that needs to read alot from the ms it took about 2 mins to start MOHH from the the mission loading screen then on my 2gb ms on FAT it took around 20-40 seconds and the same when I changed the 4gb ms to FAT. If you can get hold of a 4gb ms give it a go. I've read it shouldn't work but it does also check this thread out. Goto post #9 http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102706