Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sony cellphone and the PSP - compatibility?

edefux88 is offline -Hacks Newbie

hi,
    there are two cool new sonyericsson cellphones W810i and W850i - both use the memorystick pro duo.

now, my question ... can you add cellyfeatures to your psp, like using the gprs of your handy and stream it over ir? or your homebrew? :)

i hope i can store stuff on my celly and use it on my psp without formating the memstick everytime :D

i hope
    i hope
    i hope

philippecr is offline -Hacks Veteran

NO. :)

you can share the PSP memory stick with ur SE handphone without any problem.
    2.5>1.5>1.0>1.5>3.02OE-A>3.02OE-B>3.03OE-A>3.03OE-A\'>3.03OE-B>3.03OE-C>3.10OE-A>3.10OE-A\' PSP owner. DAX always rulez.
    - Playing: Metal Slug Anthology, Sid Meier\'s Pirates!, Final Fantasy VII
    Waiting for FINAL FANTASY 7: Crisis Core - Good games always need to wait longer...

cr0bar is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

If you for example take a photo with your cellphone (using the PSPs memory stick), and then move the photo to PSP/PHOTO, it will show on the photo menu on your PSP. Same for mp3s if they're in the right folder.
    Ваше будущее умирает сегодня.

GohanSSJ is offline -Hacks Smarty

Personally i'm quite dissapointed with the connectivity with other devices, would have been nice to have something like Bluetooth on it.

cr0bar is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

I was somewhat disappointed as well, however I think Sony were more thinking of their digital cameras in co-ordination with PSPs. Perhaps in the future should there be a replacement for the PSP something'll be done about this.
    Ваше будущее умирает сегодня.

philippecr is offline -Hacks Veteran

thats why Sony left an USB slot to let PSP have extensions capability. and ya, suck more money from u. :)

who knows? Sony might release Bluetooth extension unit in the future? or an extension to upgrade ur wifi to Wireless-G? or an extension unit to hear radio stations?

the only connectivity device that makes me feel strange is the IR.... it sit there for like decades and never have any functions from Sony.
    2.5>1.5>1.0>1.5>3.02OE-A>3.02OE-B>3.03OE-A>3.03OE-A\'>3.03OE-B>3.03OE-C>3.10OE-A>3.10OE-A\' PSP owner. DAX always rulez.
    - Playing: Metal Slug Anthology, Sid Meier\'s Pirates!, Final Fantasy VII
    Waiting for FINAL FANTASY 7: Crisis Core - Good games always need to wait longer...

nekoakuma is offline -Hacks Hacker

what is the iR port for anyway?
    sony hasn't made use of it..yet
    Launch PSP-1002 5.50 Prome-4 [Backup/Recovery PSP]
    Near-Launch PSP-1000 6.39ME-4 [Homebrew/iR controller]
    Near-Launch PSP-2002 5.50 Prome-4 [Games/Movies]

edefux88 is offline -Hacks Newbie

thanks for all the answers - i guess they´ll open up the ir port as soon as the ps3 comes out ...

oOSeY is offline -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by nekoakuma
    what is the iR port for anyway?
    sony hasn't made use of it..yet
    i think it will be use with ps3 connectivity.. :paranoid:

:Need help? Click here first.

UltraNEO* is offline -Hacks Smarty

Nah.. PS3 will be using the wi-fi feature of the PSP for communication, since it has better bandwidth capabilities plus the signal doesn't have to be 'direct', though you should be able to upload and download to and from the PS3, when it finally arrives - via wi-fi.

I don't think there's much you can actually do with the IR port.. maybe someone might wanna write a universal remote emu for it (aimed at those couch-potatos who're too lazy to find the remote.)

Would be nice if someone produced a set of wi-fi headphones that could work with the PSP's built-in transceiver for both game, movie and music...
    PSP-1000 (CW) cfw 5.00 M88-4, PSP-3000 (white) ofw 5.50, PS3-CECHA00, 500Gb HD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast