Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Psp UMD Door Replacement

craig is offline -Hacks Guru

Hey guys i wondered if anybody would know this, i feel i have done all i can with my psp flashing wise, so its time to move it up a step moving on to hard modding

So my question is do you guys know any good sites to get custom umd doors, like i have seen some i like one that is clear and it has a skull on it and it glows red, so as some of you already know i live in the UK so it would be best for it to be getting shipped from the UK but if it does have to come from the USA i guess it would be fine

Also does anybody know any good tuts on how to do this

Thanks Craig

1God1King is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

here are some cool stickers http://www.liquidtiming.com/shopdisp...cat=Sony%20PSP

not sure of the size but i think it 2 inch hole saw saw out center logo of umd cover go to craft store find clear or what ever color cover to replace hole you just sawed in the cover use hot glue gun and the tutorial here http://pspupdates.qj.net/PSP-Trigger...g/49/aid/59914 for led installation just install behind umd cover reinstall

saw a link can't remeber where but this is the basic just get a extra umd cover and give it a go while your doing write a tutorial for use i was going to try everything but the lights tried soldering those little led don't have the time maybe i will try to make one this week what do you want or can i just screw around and make one and show it to ya and let you know how i did it it's pretty simple :D i think
    CLICK HERE FOR PSP REPAIR HELP

Hardware-Repairs-Help-Thread needs your Help looking for Donations to obtain more parts to help members every little bit helps thanks To DONATE CLICK SIG to DONATE PARTS PM ME

GIGANEWS 14day free trail http://www.giganews.com/?c=1god1king (English) Newsgroup try them out at no cost for 14 days

Thanks for that but im a bit confused i am not going to bother about the led's right now but thanks anyway so could you give me a tut on how to take off my umd case at the back and replace it with a new one

This is what i want to do if it helps

:)

wow thats hot . ok well i haven't tried doing it yet , like i said was looking for the link where i saw a post talking about the process . i would buy a extra umd drive cover first and use that one to mod and not worry about taking the one you have on off yet . this way if you mess it up you won't have to worry about it . removing it is kinda simple i usally take lcd and lcd bracket off so i can see the ball joint at base of psp where the umd connects makes it easier to remove .i think the skull may be custom in the since that it came from something else and cut to fit the hole you will create with the hole saw so might be hard to find but could be wrong . will pm you with some more info or pictures once i get started if you don't get started first.

Hardware-Repairs-Help-Thread needs your Help looking for Donations to obtain more parts to help members every little bit helps thanks To DONATE CLICK SIG to DONATE PARTS PM ME

GIGANEWS 14day free trail http://www.giganews.com/?c=1god1king (English) Newsgroup try them out at no cost for 14 days

~buSta~ is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craig
    Thanks for that but im a bit confused i am not going to bother about the led's right now but thanks anyway so could you give me a tut on how to take off my umd case at the back and replace it with a new one

This is what i want to do if it helps

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CyberP...cts/amods1.jpg

:)
    WOW I want one of those :o:D:o:D:o

lol this is the link on the photo you provided has tutorial there
    http://www.possibleplaces.com/cyberp...pany=854123589

they also have lcd packages etc pretty sure if you email them they will help and let you know where to get everything also tutorial on how to remove umd drive door :D

go to products on home page and you will find the clear cut out prefabricated don't see the skull though can also buy the led presolder which is great there a you know what to solder 5 for 9.99 this is a great find criag

ya do you recognize where the skull is from ? keep an i out for a clear skull that can be cut into a 2 inch diameter
    ok guys i will do the same unless those are prefabricated for the mod purpose

nekoakuma is offline -Hacks Hacker

that's one crazy lookin UMD door. how long would one of those take to do?
    Launch PSP-1002 5.50 Prome-4 [Backup/Recovery PSP]
    Near-Launch PSP-1000 6.39ME-4 [Homebrew/iR controller]
    Near-Launch PSP-2002 5.50 Prome-4 [Games/Movies]

GrimSleeper is offline -Hacks Ninja

:o .......want ........umd .....door!
    My Psp X3: 2.01 > 2.6 > 1.5 > 3.52 M33 - 4 > 3.90 M33
    5x Friends PSP\'s: 2.50 >2.71 >1.50 >1.00 >1.50

Teebor is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Those mods are great, but it appears critical "larger" pictures are missing and sometimes when you click on them they are really blurry so you cannot see what you want to anyway :(
    I finally updated my sig, can\'t thing of anything decent to put it in though

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now everybody is going to steal my umd idea :(

Anyway so thanks for all them info so far 1godking1 as you may have guessed i am new to this :)

So is this the tut i am looking for

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

The UMD drive is not available to buy but i have been chatting to the guy that done the mod and has offered to if i send a umd drive to him he will mod it and send it back :)

Will keep you guys posted

Any more tuts will be helpful tho :)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast