Thread: My PSP Story

Demonos is offline -Hacks Smarty

Long time viewer, first time poster here. I've been reading the juicy stuff on psp-hacks since the summer. I figured to introduce myself to the community I'd tell one of the few success stories your likely to hear nowadays.

I've always wanted a PSP but never really had the cash. What money I had always went somewhere more urgent. I did some searching this summer and found this wonderful site that had far more answers than I even had questions. For about three months all I did was search around and read tutorials. I knew the homebrew scene could do a lot but I was still amazed at all this little device could do. It might as well be a 200$ laptop.

After a few months I figured I knew all I needed to purchase a PSP. However I was incredibly paranoid. After all the time since the PSP first came out, I knew finding one that wasn't a TA-082 would be next to impossible. I really didn't want a used one and I've heard all the horror stories about buying on eBay. I thought about all the stores in my area and thought I'd go to the crappiest store first. My journey took me to "The Big K-Mart" the place all the poor kids used to get clothes from. I told the kid in the electronics section what I was looking for and he had no idea there was a difference between one PSP and another. I saw a bunch of "I"s but there was also a "C" near the front. The kid did some digging and found not one but two "B"s near the back. The one he showed me had a piece of tape near the bottom but he assured me it was because some little kid wanted to know if the PSP used a special type of headphone and ended up not buying it. He immediately opened the box and took out the PSP to show me. I didn't think it would be that easy. I examined the back to make sure it wasn't a TA-082. There wasn't a single fingerprint on it or anything so I purchased it and brought it home. The battery was totally dead, which was a good sign that it was a true "B". After plugging it in, sure enough the firmware read 1.51. That day I went online and ordered a Logitech Playgear Pocket, a Playgear Visor, and a Nyko USB/Power cable.

I moded the Playgear Pocket so the PSP and Visor would both fit inside as well. I upgraded the firmware to 2.0, then downgraded to 1.5, and recently have upgraded to 2.71 SE-B. Just today I've ordered a clear red 4GB Sandisk card. I'd probably never have bought a PSP if it weren't for this website. The amount of detailed information here is just amazing.

Now for the real reason I wanted to post this, the Mad Props! I want to thank p0Wer for his downgrader guide, cls for his everything guide its great for beginners, modcase for his psp version guide couldn't have done it without this, RaiderX for his gameboot and other moding guides, craig for his fonts guide it really answered a lot of questions and made it easy, GohanSSJ for his memory card tutorial great info there, Man. for his tutorial on changing homebrew icons/background i've been going nuts with that lately, Breath of Fire for his gpSP guide and installer couldn't have made things easier, and an extra big THANKS to ChaosZero for his countless tutorials, information, and installers for devhook (thanks Booster) and custom firmware (thanks DarkAlex and team). Your installers are always up amazingly fast and your content is always presented in an anime inspired way that is easy for me to understand. :lol: Once again thanks to all of the psp-hacks.com community. Its you that makes the search button work so very well.

~buSta~ is offline -Hacks Guru

Welcome to the homebrew scene m8 ;) and enjoy BTW all the guys above you mentioned p0Wer,RaiderX,craig, Breath of Fire, ChaosZero there great guys.

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

*bookmarked*
    God, i love reading things like this.

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

See? The scene needs more people like this!
    Thanks Demonos.

Mishkin is offline -Hacks Smarty

totally. This website is insane it contains EVERYTHING you need to know about the PSP. Sony truly made a sweet piece of machinery with the PSP.

Diablo_Ecko is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

nice thread but could you take a picture of your logitech case i want to see how and what you moded if you dont mind

Sig By ..::GTALCS::..Psp Life 3.03oe-c>1.50>1.52 m33>1.52 m33-4 XBL Gamertag diabloecko

Demonos is offline -Hacks Smarty

Unfortunately I dont own a digital camera or a webcam. My printer doesnt even work anymore so I cant make any skins. However what I did was this. Scroll down to post #36. Yet another person I forgot to thank. Thanks Pendragon!!