Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell your psp's story

JohnMonsour is offline -Hacks Member

Well back in April 2005 I bought my psp from game-stop and I bought a game. NFS undrground rivals and then it broke. Then my friend Austin Clark told me about some kind of web browser hack for wipe-out so I did some research and i dident really find anything adcept a japanese game called bird for 1.00 japenese psp's.
    So I tried to put it on my psp and it dident work. So then i kind of forgot about hacking and then i up-dated to 1.51 and then they came out with swap-ploit and i was pissed because i couldnt play homebrew then i updated to 2.52 and then when 2.00 came out i updated to the japanese one and it worked, people were scepticle because sony said only 1000 can and then I traded my idiot friend for his 1.50 and did k-xploit for a long time and then i used dev-hook for a long time until 2.71 se came out and now i use se b3 cant wait until se-c

fimmy is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

lol

well...

* puts feat up , gets a nice hot cup of coco :surprised:

ahem ahem

* clears throat :rolleyes:

okay...

i got mine on my b day of last year.. September 8th :cool:

it was 1.5 :surprised: didnt know about homebrew n what not... i also bought GTA VCS, so i updated 2.0 coz of GTA and the web browser..

later learned of homenrew n shit.. and i thought * fimmy you fool! *

found out there was a 2.0 --> 1.5 downgrader... thought about it..

shall i downgrade.. or shall i not..

i dont want a mo fo brick..

then one day i went for it lol

and walah ( or however you spell it ) 1.5 again :posessed:

good times...

good times lol

^_^

p0Wer is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Got my PSP for my b day, was FW 1.52

Upgraded the same day to 2.0 for wbe broswer and that my PSP didn't get a "Virus" :rolleyes: :lol:

In december 2005, I found out about homebrew ect and thought about downgrading.

Next day I downgraded and had 1.5 :D

fimmy is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by p0Wer
    Got my PSP for my b day, was FW 1.52

Upgraded the same day to 2.0 for wbe broswer and that my PSP didn't get a "Virus" :rolleyes: :lol:

In december 2005, I found out about homebrew ect and thought about downgrading.

Next day I downgraded and had 1.5 :D
    lol

* bravo, bravo! *

:D

Yes I was very pleased :lol:

laurence is offline -Hacks Guru

Got it from jap it was a 1.50 did not know about homebrews to age around xmas 2005 lol join up here...........

Edit: @power lol i join up 2 day after you lol

If your wondering where I am and cant seem to find me around I\'m at ps3-hacks

wzrd is offline -Hacks Smarty

AFTER I bought my PSP, I found out reading different forums about the wonders of being able to downgrade and play ISOS. I was new to the scene so I didn't know how to tell the firmware version by just reading the box. Mine was 1.51 when I bought it. I was PISSED! But them MPH came out with the 2.0 downgrader shortly after. I upgraded it to 2.00 and then downgraded to 1.5. I was a happy camper!!

Many ISOS and happy game playing hours later, my PSP power switch broke. :( It was under extended warranty from Best Buy so I went there to get another one. They no longer carry the value pack in the stores so I had to send it back to the warranty company. I saw on bestbuy.com right after all this happened that they still carried Value packs online. I was going to get my gift card and re-buy the value pack online. I called them back after 2 weeks and asked why I didn't get my gift card. They said to call them after 2 weeks and check again. They never got my PSP. They ended up pushing my warranty through and 2 weeks later I got my refund check. After that, bestbuy.com no longer had the value packs listed online. I was pissed AGAIN! Now they only care the core system and the value pack everyone else has now (with the games and memory card).

I ended up going to my local Gamestop to get a refurbed one. I didn't like the crappy faceplate they put on the refurbed ones (it looks like someone painted this faceplate all black with matte black paint and painted the words Power and Hold themselves) so I went to alot of Gamestops in my area to see if they had one with an original PSP faceplate (I didn't want to deal with having to buy a stock faceplate).

One store had one so I bought it. Well it had 2.8 firmware on it so I bricked it and told them that it didn't work. I ended up getting the one with the crappy faceplate since they only had 2 of them. It was 2.0 firmware so I used MPH downgrader and downgraded it to 1.5, popped in my memory stick and fired up devhook.

It had been over 2 months since I had my PSP so I went braindead. I forgot to put a UMD in the drive. So, devhook would boot and then would go straight to the 2.71 firmware and stop at the PSP menu. I was like WTF? So I upgraded it again to 2.0 and downgraded it again. Then I got a brain again!! I put a umd in the drive, fired up devhook and the ISO loaded! So, now i'm happy again. Now I have to buy a stock faceplate and all will be good.

xecutor is offline -Hacks Hacker

got it for xmas last year, upgraded to 2.0 to play NFS Most Wanted, then i went to 2.5 and then found out about the 2.0 downgrader... then i upgraded to 2.71 and then found out about the 2.5/2.6 downgrader then went to 2.8 and found out about 2.71 downgrader...

soooo i swapped my psp with my mums bf (who had 2.6)
    downgraded to 1.5, went to 1.5CFW, back to 1.5, 2.71SE-B'', then 1.5 and im on 1.5CFW again :D
    PSP / TA-079 / Clear case / 4gb / 3.52 m33-2
    PS3 / black / 60gb / 2.10 / PSNID : the1djx
    360 / Elite / 120gb

Quote Originally Posted by laurence
    Edit: @power lol i join up 2 day after you lol
    Lol yeah I noticed that before :lol:

Quite a few members registered around this time...

~buSta~ is offline -Hacks Guru

My story got my psp look on this site downgraded and now im a god

The end thanx alot for your time

busta ;)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast