Thread: Different color memsticks

Games like a Grrl is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

I was looking at memsticks on Fry's, 4gb for around $100: http://shop3.outpost.com/search?sear...x=0&submit.y=0
    I'm wondering what the difference is with the two colors. The orange one is listed as a "Gaming" stick, but is it any better for games and devhook?

spazbeast is offline -Hacks Member

If im thinking right there is an Orange and blue. the Blue has a faster transfer rate (around 15) While I think the other one had maybe 6 or 9. The "gaming" is just to get you to buy it. I would go with the Blue, since it will run faster.

Currently without a PSP

Thanks spazbeast.Fry's is selling it for $104 with a $20 rebate, great deal.

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Yeah. The gaming on is made for, well, gaming. But transfer speeds aren't important.

The blue ones are made for everything. They have the higher transfer speed.

But if you want to use Atrac3 audio, which is one of the best codecs out, you may need a Sony card. Some people have said Atrac doesn't work on the SanDisks. Wouldn't know why :/ sony and sandisk mad them together.

spazbeast is offline -Hacks Member

SONY Aint got nothin on ATRAC. Sandisk can play it, I have a green Sandisk 512 and it works.

oh and Games Like A Grrl, the girls in your sig are hot ;)

Currently without a PSP

Demonos is offline -Hacks Smarty

I F'n love these forums. Almost 3 weeks ago I ordered that very same red memory card, knowing it was on backorder. I figured it couldnt take THAT long for them to get more in, right? Well they still have no idea when it'll ship.

Thanks to Games Like A Grrl, not only do I find out the ugly blue ones are faster, but today is the last day on the rebate. I called them up, cancelled the order, and bought a blue one that'll be here by the end of the week, not by who knows when. Cheaper and Faster, hardly makes the color seem relevant.

That's great, Demonos. I'm doing my order tonight, and Fry's is great with shipping.

Demonos is offline -Hacks Smarty

The only problem is I know Fry's isnt gonna mail me a confirmation email tomorrow, and it'll have tomorrow's date on it so the rebate wont work. I dont think I care anymore though. The 32mb card has got to go.