Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An idea of a way to downgrade a 2.8

Enigma_tw is offline -Hacks Newbie

I just saw this quote from another thread:
    qj.net wrote:

In the wake of the recent PSX-P emulator release, Kando has been running around like a chicken in an IRC channel, uncovering (and confirming) some new information. This new information comes a few days after Fanjita's new eLoader (v0.995) and xLoader, and you guessed it, it uses the new eLoader to accomplish its feat! This feat is none other than the writing to Flash0 on your PSP. As of right now, custom gameboots have been flashed to a 2.80 PSP using xLoader (custom gameboots are illegally made, so please do not distribute them here).

Kando used a certain program (which we will not reveal for the safety of our readers, bricking is highly possible) to read and write files to the Flash0 on his PSP! With flash0 access, the first thing that was tested was the gameboots, and it succeeded without any hiccups! You can watch a video of the custom gameboot below -
    video

So, now that we have this acccess, what can we do? With flash0 access, a user can create, and use custom gameboots, fonts, backgrounds and remove the signature wavy-thing on the PSP's XMB. As I am writing this article, several users (Freeplay, Jordan, Kando, NOPx86, vb_master, etc) are all discussing this new discovery and what they can potentially accomplish.
    Now, surely if there is a way to replace files in the Flash0, then each file could be overwritten by a lower version (like 2.71, or 1.5 for non TA-082s). I mean, the whole lot of files, not just the Gameboots and backgrounds and all that usual stuff.

This must be able to be used to make some kind of over-writer for an extracted firmware, rather than running the upgrader. Even if it is just to overwrite a few key files that prevent the 1.5 or 2.71 upgraders from running on higher firmware.

Just a suggestion. I can't test as I was not foolish enough to upgrade, hehe ;)

PSPs
    One Phatty.
    One Slim \'n\' Lite (traded in wrong at work by one of the girls. Got it for the price of a phatty Hehe)

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Eventually, but like I said before, simply overwriting the system critical files will result in a brick.

You need a homebrew app to copy the important files into the RAM before erasing the flash, which is what the downgrader will do.

So we'll have to wait for DAX & Co. to release something.

CH1N0 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Dude, just be patient. I use to want the downgrader as much as you. I mean I kept nagging for one, but eventually it will come. Now I'm not going to call you a "n00b" cause there really is no point. But be glad that a 2.80 eLoader came out.:)

SXForce is offline -Hacks Guru

Believe me THERE WILL BE A DOWNGRADER SOON.
    There is kernal acces in 2.8.
    They have acces to Flash0, thats a great improvement.

So be patient :cool:

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

Why do people come up with these downgrading ideas?
    They should leave it to the pros.

While waiting leave your PSP under your bed and get wii (that's what I've would've done if I hadn't already downgraded my PSP and if the wii was released here.)

JohnMonsour is offline -Hacks Member

wow yeah if you just overwright like certain prx's it will screw you up. mabe theres some way to flash a recovery prx and a modified pspbtcnf_game.txt with recovery.prx and then put the 1.50 pbp in the recovery folder because it formats the flash like a sce update. just a thought I think some one with a u.p. should try.

Enigma_tw is offline -Hacks Newbie

Dude, just be patient. I use to want the downgrader as much as you. I mean I kept nagging for one, but eventually it will come. Now I'm not going to call you a "n00b" cause there really is no point. But be glad that a 2.80 eLoader came out.smile
    If you had read to the end, you would have seen the bit where I wrote that I could not test it because I had not been foolish enough to upgrade. ;)

Why do people come up with these downgrading ideas?
    They should leave it to the pros.

While waiting leave your PSP under your bed and get wii (that's what I've would've done if I hadn't already downgraded my PSP and if the wii was released here.)
    People "come up with these downgrading ideas", because if nobody tried, then we would all be sat playing original UMDs on the latest firmware, wishing that someone had thought of a way to downgrade. Just because they don't all work, doesn't make them bad ideas. They are "starting points"

As it is, my PSP is happily running 2.71SE-B" with DH 0.51.1 FW 3.02 customised, along with a bunch of others that I have modded. Also, my Wii is waiting for me at work to be collected in the morning ;) Woo! (I have been playing with a Wii remote, and using it on the PC to play CSS in the mean time:D It's pretty good once you get used to it)
    PSPs
    One Phatty.
    One Slim \'n\' Lite (traded in wrong at work by one of the girls. Got it for the price of a phatty Hehe)

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by sxf
    There is kernal acces in 2.8.
    From what I heard, there isn't.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

it not full kernal acces
    http://pspupdates.qj.net/Firmware-2-...g/49/aid/73458
    change gameboot and fonts

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

Huey is offline -Hacks Hacker

Dont ask any noob questions about the downgrader.
    ive accepted the fact that there isnt one out YET, and ill wait patiently.
    the more you bug them the longer it will take.
    SO WAIT PATIENTLY :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast