Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How many things has sony stolen from us?

JohnMonsour is offline -Hacks Member

Sony has been listening to the homebrew comunity. first we make a hack for wipeout pure to mess around on the internet sony makes a web browser. then we try to make a flash player sony emplements that into there internet browser. then we try psone emulation and they steal that. then we want visuals for our music so we make djsp sony also steals that. I'm sure theres more too.

Post ones that you have noticed

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I wouldn't be so sure they they "stole" off us - they're not dumb, they can think for themselves. For example, some of the features in 3.00 were thought about a LONG time ago, such as disabling the UMD autoboot.

It's really hard to say. To be honest, most of the homebrew ideas you mentioned, were neither good nor popular. For example, the homebrew flash player is pretty much, crap - as well as the homebrew PSX emulator.
    Also, I believe Sony announced those updates before the homebrew even came out (correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyways, Sony is definitely paying attention to the homebrew community. One of it's major worries, about implementing features, is that if there is too many, people may stop buying games for the PSP (something Sony definitely doesn't want to happen).
    So whether Sony is stealing ideas from us, I don't know. Judge for yourself I guess...

philippecr is offline -Hacks Veteran

the homebrew PSX emulator is on his way wit improvements. althought slow, but there's improvements. Dun blame they're crap, because hackers are not Sony's developer, they din hold any blueprints or any source code from Sony, hackers do things from scratch. and do respect them for giving out time to do those homebrews free for us.

for the 3.00 PS1 emulator, i dun think they're good. $ony is still "$ only". You have to buy the PS1 games again... and now they wan u to buy their PS3 to get those PS1 games. (i know in the future they will make it direct from internet)

The PSP flash player is a crap too. -_-" Flash 6...... I WANT FLASH 8 or 9!!!
    2.5>1.5>1.0>1.5>3.02OE-A>3.02OE-B>3.03OE-A>3.03OE-A\'>3.03OE-B>3.03OE-C>3.10OE-A>3.10OE-A\' PSP owner. DAX always rulez.
    - Playing: Metal Slug Anthology, Sid Meier\'s Pirates!, Final Fantasy VII
    Waiting for FINAL FANTASY 7: Crisis Core - Good games always need to wait longer...

cage is offline -Hacks Veteran

How about "home much have we stole from sony" i have about 130 iso's lol, :lol:

When i was a kid someone stole my bike, i didn't cry i just went and stole some other mother fucker bike :mrgreen:

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by philippecr
    the homebrew PSX emulator is on his way wit improvements. althought slow, but there's improvements. Dun blame they're crap, because hackers are not Sony's developer, they din hold any blueprints or any source code from Sony, hackers do things from scratch. and do respect them for giving out time to do those homebrews free for us.
    Yes, I know that the (homebrew) PSX emulator is still on it's way, and an actual (non-alpha/beta) release doesn't exist yet.
    I fully support them, in their efforts and know this is a difficult time-consuming task.
    However, in it's current state the PSX emulator, is, basically unusable (eg "crap").

for the 3.00 PS1 emulator, i dun think they're good. $ony is still "$ only". You have to buy the PS1 games again... and now they wan u to buy their PS3 to get those PS1 games. (i know in the future they will make it direct from internet)
    Yep, Sony = Shitty

The PSP flash player is a crap too. -_-" Flash 6...... I WANT FLASH 8 or 9!!!
    Not to mention the lag or the memory restriction...

Quote Originally Posted by cage
    When i was a kid someone stole my bike, i didn't cry i just went and stole some other mother fucker bike :mrgreen:
    Oh SWEET! Cool, I'll just steal $1,000,000 off you (don't know if you have more, lol). I'm sure you won't mind, cause you'll just steal it from someone else, right? :P

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by cage
    How about "home much have we stole from sony" i have about 130 iso's lol, :lol:
    They take from us, we take from them! They system works! :P

Jain7th is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

we`re testing the games, to ensure we buy the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good ones

and if i remenber corectly there hadn`t been a game out which is that good, just quite good :bucktooth:
    __/maclover\\________

just got my mac book pro ^^

SanzioSan is offline -Hacks Veteran

what ever happened to "weekly checks"? Was it a bluff to scare noobs into upgrading?
    Translation: Blah blah blah blah blah

Mardi is offline -Hacks Member

If Sony is stupid then how're they managing to keep our beloved D_A at bay for months? Where's the 2.8+ downgrader? Sure they managed to crack out 3.0 and 3.1 already but my bet is that it'll be months until we have any sort of downgrader for it.

And all of you guys are saying "F*** Sony, they suck" well newsflash, if they go out of business, or stop doing stuff for the PSP... then our beloved toy is kaput.

PS3 ID: RYVAL

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi
    And all of you guys are saying "F*** Sony, they suck" well newsflash, if they go out of business, or stop doing stuff for the PSP... then our beloved toy is kaput.
    I could care less if Sony went bankrupt tomorrow :rolleyes:

I still have homebrew, which I use more than ISOs sometimes, and my Wii60.

Sony phailed with the PSP. They should have let homebrew run, it would have became more popular. Now it's dieing with it's lack of development support (and crappy games.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast