Thread: What to chose to do...

LinK3604 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Well first off let me say Hi as im new to the fourms, but i've been reading on and off for a few weeks now.

I just got a psp, new owner and all, first time touchin one :P. Like i said i've been reading and all and was wondering what i should do with it as far as modding it out or such to load games from the mem stick or through usb. I dont want to 'brick' my psp as like i said im a new ownwer and all and got this as a present. I've got the 2gb highspeed mem stick for it so i think space isn't a problem. Anyway, the specs of my psp are..

The non-downgrable motherboard (?)
    2.71 firmware (Stright out of the box so i guess thats an updated one?)

I was reading about the 2.71se(a,b,c) firmwares and all that but i dont know much about them or such. I guess what my question is, is what can i do with my 2.71 psp and not brick it? because from what i was reading you need 1.5 to run iso's or umd files from the mem stick or usb, but you can't downgrade 2.71 to 1.5 without bricking it.

like i said im new and have searched the fourms for info and such, but i still am just asking because well i just dont know and need some explaining(?)

have mercy!!! :P

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

The most you can do is not upgrade your PSP...

...and try the reverse DevHook - check the sticky in the Help section for the DevHook for 2.71

LinK3604 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

well i read about not upgrading if i want any hope of having time to do stuff to it so i knew not to do that :P.. an thx i'll check out the sticky

trippr is offline -Hacks Newbie

yea unfortunately you have the non-downgradable motherboard (ta-82) so you wont be able to do much.

Chewy954 is offline -Hacks Titan

you can use the 2.71 port of devhooks to emulate 1.5 to play iso's

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Open the UMD door and look at the very top right corner to see if there is any text written on the motherboard.
    If there isn't, you can downgrade.