Thread: Just bought a psp today, have a question.

mic360 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi, I just purchased a psp today and it has firmware 2.6 and has a IC1003 m/b and a 1g mem stick. i would like to be able to throw and iso on the stick and be able to play a game, i just dont understand all these tutorials i have been reading. everything says to downgrade but i cant with the m/b i have. im so used to updating things i cant see myself downgrading anyway. so is it possible to be able to upgrade and still use iso files and some of the homebrew stuff i been reading about? im so lost and im already wanting to throw this thing into a wall. thanks for ur help in advance.

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Upgrade to 2.71 and follow the instructions in the DevHook for 2.71 thread, which is stickied in the Help section of this forum.

mic360 is offline -Hacks Newbie

i upgraded to 2.71 and i downloaded devhook rev c and in the instalation readme file it says to take out the umd after i do step one does that mean i need to start the process with a game in the umd slot. sorry im not to electronic savvy.

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Hmm, don't really know, but taking out the UMD usually stops the auto-loading.
    This thread really belongs in Help - try posting there instead.