Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Psp survive?!

psykai is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi all, I'm from Holland where the game awards have just been rewarded last night. One of the awards which was of interest to me was the portable gaming platform award. With the obvious 2 contenders: Psp and Ds a friend was quite sure that DS will take the award, not surprising considering what most critics think of the psp. And if you were to check the sales of both systems you'll probably agree with him. However the award was won by the psp.

This actually got me thinking about the progress of the psp. I have been doing some reading(forums, articles) and it seems the psp is indeed not doing very well. Many are saying that the psp doesn't have much to offer. Amongst them are psp owners!! who claim that the only good thing bout the psp is ability of playing homebrews(which Sony is depriving them of) as there are no good games.

In view of the past month(es) which in my opinion has been quite good in terms of games (Def Jam, GTA Vice City, Lumines 2, Killzone etc.) Sony seems to be setting a good step towards a better game library. And with games like FF and of course MGS it seems the psp will be offering good.. original games. Considering this is the main complain i've been seeing(psp not having good original games). Does this mean the great turnaround for the psp?

To keep this i will withhold my opinion and hope to hear some input from other guys from the scene. Any reply are welcome.

Diablo_Ecko is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

i think it will last but ds is funner than psp with me being able to download and game i want for psp and just buying games for ds it is funner beacuse psp games are kinda slow... but psp has graphics on the ds and ds has the touch screen on psp...but psp does have some good games like dbz,naruto,and untold legends was ok...and ds fun games are mario bros,pokemon ranger,and pretty much every other game i played for it

Sig By ..::GTALCS::..Psp Life 3.03oe-c>1.50>1.52 m33>1.52 m33-4 XBL Gamertag diabloecko

philippecr is offline -Hacks Veteran

PSP do win as a multimedia portable gaming platform. I'm not sure how they give marks on the Portable Gaming Platform Award, they might just give marks according to their specs, usage and other kind of stuffs.

From wat i think, PSP will survive. It has an amount of supporters and new games are still coming. (but i'm sure the UMD MOVIE won't last too long)

I hav to agree that PSP is not having good original games last time. But good original games are coming like the recent GTA series, Monster Hunter Freedom, Dungeon Siege, Medal of Honor, Magna Carta Portable(hope they will release an english version) and some other nice games in PSP. The upcoming games like MGS:PO and FF7:CC will help boost sales on PSP. (if Resident Evil series is coming back to Sony's console... it would be even better.)

Ok, start from here, it's just my personal opinion. :)

Sometime, I think game developers should stop bring over older games to the PSP console. They should come up wit a new version of the game rather than just porting the PS1 games. like Valkrie Profile. I admit it's a great game, I love the new CGs they added cos they're rewarding. but I just dun like the idea they just port the whole game from PS1.
    2.5>1.5>1.0>1.5>3.02OE-A>3.02OE-B>3.03OE-A>3.03OE-A\'>3.03OE-B>3.03OE-C>3.10OE-A>3.10OE-A\' PSP owner. DAX always rulez.
    - Playing: Metal Slug Anthology, Sid Meier\'s Pirates!, Final Fantasy VII
    Waiting for FINAL FANTASY 7: Crisis Core - Good games always need to wait longer...

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

The PSP is already dieing.
    Like I have said before, Sony should have supported homebrew, and just made a new way to top ISOs from running.
    They system may have seen more support. But I have A DS. The games feel really kidish..

Rikus is offline -Hacks Hacker

I like my psp but the other day i was sooooo close from buying a ds, i had to restrain myself like mad to rather buy a umd video and game and a new set of earphones for the psp! If the psp dies completely it is sony's own fault, like CZ said.
    instead of bringing out more uselful small features (like a simple calculator, 2-d short games etc etc) they just added and added security which didnt help anyone (but themselves, which adds to their selfishness, ripping people off like that in broad daylight).

so all in all the psp is really an amazing gadget, but it is sad to see it go down like the titanic....

psykai is offline -Hacks Newbie

Nice to hear from someone like you Chaos. Firstly, would like to thank you for guides. They're great, havent got wifi working for IR shell(like to check the possibility of playing iso over wifi) but not the point.

Interesting point, actually that's one of the reasons why I started this thread, the homebrew part. I've read that somewhere else as well. Apparently other guys agrees with you, or you've been posting everywhere:rolleyes: But the thing is, what's keeping the psp from being a hit? Lack of homebrew, this goes for the DS as well. And in a way I understand why Sony is discouraging homebrew, obviously not the methods they're using. Homebrew is associated with piracy I guess, so it's a financial disadvantage for them to provide the means of using homebrew. The other thing, you surely remember the GP 32, which was meant for homebrew. As far as I know, that wasn't a big hit as well. So the possible demise of the psp is not (solely?) to be blamed for the anti-homebrew attitude of Sony. What do you guys think?:rolleyes:

To be continued...

egon is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ive had many hand helds over the years, but the PSP is un-compareable as it is leaps and bounds ahead of anything portable, like the ds which to me is a kids pda with some mildly enjoyable games. If the PSP dies it because something else has come and out done it, and i dont see that coming any time soon.

SourSlurpee is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Zero
    The games feel really kidish..
    Most of them do, but mario kart is SO DAMN FUN!

Dookie is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

The psp will survive.
    XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN

BlueIon is offline Zzzz -Hacks Ninja

I don't know. Personally, the PSP doesn't attract my attention anymore. The big deal everyone made about the PSP when it came out and today...I'm just like, yeah whatever. I don't think it will survive unless a kickass feature comes up to wipe the DS out. I never hear about it anymore. Just homebrew that people whip one day or another. But in the end it still bores. Let's hope it will survive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast