Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Custom Prxs for SE-C

ralphie2511 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Well with the prx support with se-c isnt there some custom prxs that you might want? i would like a video codec prx for the xmb that plays wmv9 xvid divx mpg2s rather than having to keep converting them to mp4s

what prxs would you like to be made?

Rbman is offline -Hacks Smarty

that would be cool if there was a video codec prx

I cant think of anything right now though besides a flawless OC module, im sure other people will come up with brilliant stuff

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Nah, can't really be done well. Firstly, even at 333MHz, the PSP has trouble decoding those formats (exception of MPEG-2 and DivX with B-Frames disabled). Add the fact that if the video is larger than 480x272, it will also have to resize the image, let alone the read and memory overhead.

Also, AVC pwns those formats in terms of filesize, and you don't really have that much space on the memstick...

It's nice to have video playback without conversion, but, for something like the PSP, it can't be done well, sorry. If you are really keen, however, you can look into the homebrew player, PSPPlayerMT.

What I'd like though, is to somehow flash the 2.8x's HE-AAC PRX (HE-AAC is currently the best audio codec).

sshaw1982 is offline -Hacks Guru

couldn't that be done zinga? either through the custom prx on memory stick for se-c or by flashing he-aac.prx to the kn folder using pspfiler?
    It would take the possible rewrite of config files but I'd imagine it would be not that different from the hybrid devhook
    *insert signature here*

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by sshaw1982
    couldn't that be done zinga? either through the custom prx on memory stick for se-c or by flashing he-aac.prx to the kn folder using pspfiler?
    It would take the possible rewrite of config files but I'd imagine it would be not that different from the hybrid devhook
    Really? Okay, try and get HE-AAC playback to work on DevHook's 2.71 first...
    I really doubt it's that simple...
    Oh, and you need to use a FW2.82+ dump.

Btw, if you need some HE-AAC (aka AAC+ and aacPlus) files to test, I can provide them, or you can convert them yourself with MediaCoder.

Good luck (if you can be bothered)! I hope you can find a solution :) (I'd really like it if you did!)

Oh, before I forgot, he-aac.prx doesn't exist, just to make this task a bit harder (eg, you'll have to find which PRX the codec is stored in, if it's stored in a PRX at all (probably is)).

Right, the challenge is set then - the moment my missus goes out i'll have a crack at this, I'm by no means a programmer though
    *insert signature here*

~buSta~ is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sshaw1982
    Right, the challenge is set then - the moment my missus goes out i'll have a crack at this, I'm by no means a programmer though
    Under the thumb dude LOL :o

Not like I can talk im under the thumb aswell :evil::evil:

hahaha I don't mind, the peace and quiet lets me concentrate when she does go out, almost finished it the other day when she spilt orange juice all over the PSP though lol....
    *insert signature here*

~buSta~ is offline -Hacks Guru

My missus is enough trouble im glad i dont stay with her that much so i get my own peace and quiet :)

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie2511
    Well with the prx support with se-c isnt there some custom prxs that you might want? i would like a video codec prx for the xmb that plays wmv9 xvid divx mpg2s rather than having to keep converting them to mp4s

what prxs would you like to be made?
    ??

M.264 owns the files size of DivX or Xvid! Why have a 175MB file when you can have the same quality file at 120MB?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast