Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: [DevHook]Constant Rebooting Bad For PSP?

  
  1. #1
    GiantCow is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    When playing isos with DevHook, you have to reboot the PSP once to load a game and twice to switch games. Is all this rebooting bad for the PSP in any way?


  2. #2
    chaz is offline -Hacks Smarty
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantCow
    When playing isos with DevHook, you have to reboot the PSP once to load a game and twice to switch games. Is all this rebooting bad for the PSP in any way?
    Nope it isnt, because the psp dosnt have a harddrive. The only downside is it use alot battery.

  3. #3
    ZiNgABuRgA's Avatar
    ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    4CHIN
    Posts
    11,044
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Yup - it's as bad (maybe a bit worse) as pressing the PSP's buttons.

    Seriously, it does cause damage (in a sense), but then, usage of the PSP causes damage too...

  4. #4
    Nextek is offline -Hacks Ninja
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    GTFO MY INTERWEB! Rank: No\"1 ™
    Posts
    785
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiNgABuRgA
    Yup - it's as bad (maybe a bit worse) as pressing the PSP's buttons.

    Seriously, it does cause damage (in a sense), but then, usage of the PSP causes damage too...
    that makes about as much sense as a man with 2 left feet, writing a report on antropology


    no seriously, no damage. It would be a faulty product if it caused damage.
    I own teh interwebs -

  5. #5
    wenyong is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore,Woodlands
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    u always got shotcut keys to change your iso...

    if u are using devhook 0.46, after booting 2.xx firmware, "home+R/L" is changing ISO,"Home+ Selete" is changing CPU clock speed.

  6. #6
    ZiNgABuRgA's Avatar
    ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    4CHIN
    Posts
    11,044
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nextek
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiNgABuRgA
    Yup - it's as bad (maybe a bit worse) as pressing the PSP's buttons.

    Seriously, it does cause damage (in a sense), but then, usage of the PSP causes damage too...
    that makes about as much sense as a man with 2 left feet, writing a report on antropology
    That, itself makes as much sense as a man with 2 left feet, writing a report on antropology.

    Technically, doing anything to the PSP causes damage. How many times do you need to press the PSP's buttons before they stuff up? A million times? A billion times? Although that may sound stupid and irrelevant, the fact is still there - the PSP won't last forever. Usage decreases the lifespan of the PSP, thus the extra button presses technically does damage, as well as the fact that the PSP has to read more off the NANDFlash.

    I'm just pointing out that the damage done is quite insignificant.

  7. #7
    HORiZUN's Avatar
    HORiZUN is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    1,755
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wenyong
    u always got shotcut keys to change your iso...

    if u are using devhook 0.46, after booting 2.xx firmware, "home+R/L" is changing ISO,"Home+ Selete" is changing CPU clock speed.
    thats not what this thread is referring to...
    PSP: 6.39 PRO B-7 - 8GB ProDuo | DSLite: R4DS - 2GB MicroSD
    XBOX: Softmodded - XBMC - 500GB HD | GC: XenoGC 2.0
    PS2: Memor32 - HDLoader - 320GB HD | Wii: HBC - CfgUSBLoader - 500GB HD
    XBOX360: LiteOn 83850c - LTPlus FW - 250GB HD - Gamertag = I Am HORiZUN

  8. #8
    Nextek is offline -Hacks Ninja
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    GTFO MY INTERWEB! Rank: No\"1 ™
    Posts
    785
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiNgABuRgA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nextek
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiNgABuRgA
    Yup - it's as bad (maybe a bit worse) as pressing the PSP's buttons.

    Seriously, it does cause damage (in a sense), but then, usage of the PSP causes damage too...
    that makes about as much sense as a man with 2 left feet, writing a report on antropology
    That, itself makes as much sense as a man with 2 left feet, writing a report on antropology.

    Technically, doing anything to the PSP causes damage. How many times do you need to press the PSP's buttons before they stuff up? A million times? A billion times? Although that may sound stupid and irrelevant, the fact is still there - the PSP won't last forever. Usage decreases the lifespan of the PSP, thus the extra button presses technically does damage, as well as the fact that the PSP has to read more off the NANDFlash.

    I'm just pointing out that the damage done is quite insignificant.
    Blaspemy, we all know our psp's are immortal.



    but yeah, the buttons do wear down slowly, i can easily confirm that :P

    but alltogether, the wear down is insignificant. Yer right
    I own teh interwebs -

  9. #9
    wenyong is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore,Woodlands
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HORiZUN
    Quote Originally Posted by wenyong
    u always got shotcut keys to change your iso...

    if u are using devhook 0.46, after booting 2.xx firmware, "home+R/L" is changing ISO,"Home+ Selete" is changing CPU clock speed.
    thats not what this thread is referring to...
    Oh...sry,just hope it helps

  10. #10
    Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,061
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Doing anything too much for electronic devices is not good for it.

    Will you notice anything in your PSP's lifetime? no.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •