Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4GB Pro Duo vs. 4GB Pro Duo Ultra II

Devts is offline -Hacks Neophyte

After seeing the amazing price of $65 for a Sandisk 4gb Pro Duo card I was going to get one, but I recall hearing about transfer rates, etc. I just purchased a 1.5 PSP and I intend to run ISOs so before purchasing a memory card I want to know if I should wait for a price drop on the Ultra II series (which I was told was the best). Basicly I need to know if:

1 - The 4GB Pro Duo has a good transfer rate for ISO's
    2 - What does the transfer rate effect? The time it takes for it to get from your PC to your PSP or how fast it runs in-game?
    3 - Would it be smart to get the $65 one or wait for an Ultra II version?

Devts is offline -Hacks Neophyte

bump. i need to know before I purchase.

cr0bar is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

I don't know for certain, but the only added benefit (I think) of an Ultra II is faster transfer rates using a card reader.
    Ваше будущее умирает сегодня.

rin1276 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

This isn't really PSP help 'cause you're not having any trouble loading a game or something. You're looking for peoples' opinions, so I'm moving this to General.

>MOVED<

Genocide Music - Check out our music. Break away from the mainstream garbage.
    Download our ringtones for free, by logging on (through your cellphone) to www.tagtag.com/madhouse_pr

gmail.combrian-hyde is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I have a 2gb Ultra II and a normal sandisk 512, there really isn't much of a difference, just go get the normal one if its on sale

Rbman is offline -Hacks Smarty

get the ultra II its faster heres where im getting it because im sick of my sony 4gb being slow>
    http://www.provantage.com/sandisk-sd...1~7SNDK2A2.htm

jattsingh is offline -Hacks Ninja

its only faster wif a card reader on psp the speeds are usb 1.1
    wif card reada there 2.0

3.51 M33 thx to Calo!!!

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Obviously go Ultra.

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Yeah. But the PSP can only write at )I think) 15 mb/s anyways, so unless you have a CArd Reader, its useless rly. But on sale for a 4GB? Why not snatch one for me too?!

Rbman: Youre 4GB is only slow cause its a 4GB. Trust me, its only cause there is so much space on teh card, not cause its not an Ultra or W/E ;)

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

XenoJin is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by nedthehead
    Rbman: Youre 4GB is only slow cause its a 4GB. Trust me, its only cause there is so much space on teh card, not cause its not an Ultra or W/E ;)
    I think he meant Sandisks ones are faster than Sony, it's been tested. (The normal ones)

Your statement "Youre 4GB is only slow cause its a 4GB" doesn't make any sense, it's like saying "A turtle is slow because it's a turtle".

Yes, it might be slow in comparison with transfering a full 4gb to transfering a full 512mb, in this case, the 512 is probably faster, but the transfer rates are not calculated this way. In any case, transfering a 200 mb file to a 512mb MS or a 4gb MS would take roughly the same time. (Provided they share around the same transfer rates)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast