Thread: Flash Homebrew applications, would this be possible?

Splitz is offline -Hacks Hacker

So Im thinking to myself what if we could flash Homebrew. such as NesterJ. OR have it built in the firmware. Just imagine, going to the HOMEBREW menu and seeing NesterJ with no Memorystick. What if it could be compiled as a prx? Then we could flash it and NEVER worry about space on a memory stick. And yes I have taken innto consideration the fact that SE takes a lot of space, but 1.5 is quite the opposite, hell Id go back to 1.5 for that!

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Putting it to the flash would be a bad idea. There is barely enough space on the NAND as it is.
    And constant access to the Flash0 for a homebrew app would make me edgy :/

An even if you get the app on the PSP, there would still be no room for a ROM, so you would still need the memory stick for games, and if you already need the memory stick, what's the point of flashing the app in the first place?

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

The only advantages I can think of for flashed apps:
    1) Loads faster
    2) Doesn't require memstick to run the app (not much of a deal IMO - nothing wrong with having a memstick in)

But as Chaos Zero said, it's not worth it. Reading off the flash is fine IMO. I would assume it would be stored on flash1, so I guess writing isn't too bad. (I think flash1 has 4MB space, right?)

Hmm, interesting topic...

Splitz is offline -Hacks Hacker

hae you ever modded an xbox? it mods the firmware so it has more menu's for emulators and such. But still if flash1 has 4mb of space, you could fit 2-3 nes games on it.

teamcyb is offline -Hacks Neophyte

A modded xbox does mod the firmware. The firmware is on a hard drive though. And the mods for the firmware is like having 2.71 SE You dont put your app in the same spot as the firmware. It is on a different partition on the hard drive.
    Every day I believe people can\'t get any stupider.
    Every day I am proven HORRIBLE wrong.
    2.01(Hated this)->Waited a while->2.60->1.50
    1.52(Used)->2.00->1.50