Thread: Software for OS X

sonicbuddha is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm a Linux user who's settled for OS X for my desktop looking for PSP software. Recommendations? Experiences? My primary use would be to do game backups and occasionally transfer video.

I've tried:

* iPSP, which is ok but slow and does just about everything I want (for $20)

* PSPWare, which managed to piss me off in the first trial by creating a hidden directory in /Volumes with the name of my memory card from which it posted nags to my memory card every time I mounted it. As far as I was concerned that was an intrusion unasked for and unacceptable. Beyond that, I could not limit my syncs to just a particular form of data, ie game saves, video, etc. NOT worth paying for and made me sorry for even trying it. (appzapped that sucker right away)

sonicbuddha is offline -Hacks Newbie

Oh, I should add:

*iPSP puts game saves in /Library/Application Support/iPSP/Gamesaves/<date> which isn't useful for two reasons:
    - Everyone shares the same game saves if there is more than one person using the machine (doh!)
    - The location is far for intuitive for the user who may want to copy their backed up game saves off of the computer
    Honestly, why not put them in the home directory along with all the other backed up files? The only reason I want a utility to do this for me is because the directories and files are non-human readable.

chaos17 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Get the serial number for psp ware and you should be ok.

I\'m surrounded by some kind of... chaos.
    What did you do to me so my life gone away.
    Experiment #X-81 : Vincent Valentine