Thread: Popstation Tutorial!!!

Artemisk is offline -Hacks Smarty

Popstation tutorial

Okay I’ve seen many topics on the Help board looking for a way to get popstation working. Well this is the place you’ll find the answer! This is my first tutorial so bear with me…

Requirements

1. A psp with the firmware: 3.02 OE-B: check out the main page for instructions on how to install it.
    2. A copy of Hot Shots Golf 2 for the PSX from the Playstation 3 Store OR the… other way…
    3. Cygwin1.dll, google it, should be the first site.

How To:

Got everything!? Okay now make a new folder, name it whatever you want but name it something short such as “popstation” or whatever I’ll explain later why…

1. Transfer popstation.exe to your newly made folder named “popstation”. If you don’t know where popstation.exe is, download the 3.02 OE-B and it is in the popstation folder.

2. Transfer cygwin1.dll into the popstation folder you made.

3. Next take the Hot Shots Golf 2 which you somehow obtained and open it up until you get two files: KEYS.BIN and EBOOT.PBP. Firstly rename EBOOT.PBP to BASE.PBP. Transfer both of them to popstation the popstation folder. Also in this step, transfer the game .iso you want to play and put it in the popstation folder.

4. Okay now take the entire popstation folder and move it to C:\ which can be found by opening up My Computer, and then double clicking on Local Disk (C:). So when you open up the popstation folder, the address will be C:\Popstation.

5. Click the Start menu and click “Run…” Type in cmd in the textbox and click “OK”

6. The dos screen shall appear. Type in “chdir C:\popstation”

7. Now the destination will be changed to C:\popstation, next type in “popstation *your iso here*”

For example I used finalfantasy7.iso so I typed in “popstation finalfantasy7.iso”

8. The program will take over from here and make a eboot for you.

9. Go into your psp game folder “PSP\Game” and make a new folder, name it anything you want, I named mine “PSX”.

10. When the program finishes go back into your popstation folder and notice the eboot.pbp. Transfer this into your “PSX” folder.

11. Start up your PSP 3.02 OE-B and go into the Memory Stick, there you will see a Hot Shots Golf 2 image, press X and start playing the .iso that you loaded.

Pictures coming as soon as I get back from WORK!

\"I\'ve got one bullet and its got your e-mail address on it, don\'t make me hit send.\" - Assy McGee

paulrulesPSP is offline -Hacks Member

Sorry, but there are GUI interfaces out there. Even though i use the CMD, cause iem old--skool like that :D lol
    2.00>2.5>2.71>1.5>HarleyG Semi-Brick>1.5>2.71SE-B\'\'>2.71SE-C>Semi-brick>2,71SE-C>Semi-brick>2.71SE-C>Semi-brick>(coninue the semi-brick pattern for about 27 times)>2.71SE-C

philippecr is offline -Hacks Veteran

there's a tutorial for it already. and then i wan to say. "YOU ARE LATE" :p

and then u can just put ur desired pictures tat names PIC1.png, PIC0.png and ICON0.png in the same folder so popstation will use it instead of the Hot Shot Golf 2 picture.
    2.5>1.5>1.0>1.5>3.02OE-A>3.02OE-B>3.03OE-A>3.03OE-A\'>3.03OE-B>3.03OE-C>3.10OE-A>3.10OE-A\' PSP owner. DAX always rulez.
    - Playing: Metal Slug Anthology, Sid Meier\'s Pirates!, Final Fantasy VII
    Waiting for FINAL FANTASY 7: Crisis Core - Good games always need to wait longer...

Artemisk is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by philippecr
    there's a tutorial for it already. and then i wan to say. "YOU ARE LATE" :p

and then u can just put ur desired pictures tat names PIC1.png, PIC0.png and ICON0.png in the same folder so popstation will use it instead of the Hot Shot Golf 2 picture.
    O i didn't realize there was another tutorial already out sry :(

\"I\'ve got one bullet and its got your e-mail address on it, don\'t make me hit send.\" - Assy McGee

brk3 is offline -Hacks Member

Great tutorial, cheers!