Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: decrease size of psx games??

Jain7th is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

does any1 know how to make ps1 isos smaller? i didn`t find tuts or ripkits, plz help

__/maclover\\________

just got my mac book pro ^^

Gliz9 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Currently there is no way to compress psx games, Sony has there own special way of doing this. hopefully we will be able to crack ther compression method.

no i mean ripping stuff out off psx isos (like french, spanish, german audio)

and there are ways to compress psx isos, they just don`t work with the official sony psx emu :sigh:
    __/maclover\\________

Chewy954 is offline -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Jain7th
    and there are ways to compress psx isos, they just don`t work with the official sony psx emu :sigh:
    soy uses a compression format for their ps1 iso's

and FFS everyone stop calling it PSX

psx is a ps2 with a cd burner, not a ps1

chriscooke109 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy954
    Quote Originally Posted by Jain7th
    soy uses a compression format for their ps1 iso's

and FFS everyone stop calling it PSX

psx is a ps2 with a cd burner, not a ps1

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Pr.../image/psx.jpg
    Yeah that pisses me off aswell, I wonder when people started calling a PS1 a PSX?

Before asking a question on the forums, read the readme that comes with the program, it usually answers whatever questions you have (it isn\'t there to be ignored). Readme avoidance is really annoying and frustrating.

Santoku is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Dude, the name PSX came from the original title of the Playstation, which was dubbed PLAYSTATION X. The reason was because of Nintendo dropping the ball on CD development for the SNES. Hence why people call it the PSX.

Why does something like this piss you off? We just call it what we used to call it back in the day. We don't need to change our terminology for some crappy ass DVR-PS2 combo that never made it to the US.

If it bothers you that much, pretend the X is 1, after all X = 10. Just take off the 0. :P

cherry007 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

how big are the iso's that sony releases? are they much smaller then the onces we use? hopefully people will buy those games then and release them on the internet so we can grab those in stead of the normal iso's we now use :D

PSP Owner Since 11-12-2006 :: 2.6 > 2.71 > 1.5 > 3.02 OE-B > 3.03 OE-A > 3.03OE-B > 3.30 OE-A\' > 3.52 M33-4 > 3.90 M33-2 + 1.50 Addon

so is anybody willing/able to tell me how to rip stuff out of ps1 games??? :|
    __/maclover\\________

elboffor is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

just dummy the audio/movie files
    and rebuild the iso then convert to eboot

to dummy a file just make a new txt document and rename it to the the name of the file you are replacin and voila, this is all guess work so may not be quit that simple
    all ill say is use google, you knows its the ways to do's its

exactly the same way we do it for psp games
    personally i think one o the reasons the games off ps3store are so much smaller is because the files inside are optimized for the psp, example: the sound will be in at3 or mpo3 format instead of a standard cd audio file
    if we could find out how to swap the cd audio with a compressed track and have it still workin then i think thats most of the space problems sorted

philippecr is offline -Hacks Veteran

Sony hav a compression method for the PS3Store PS1 games. But tat is not cracked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Alex
    Q: My game generated is a lot higher in size than the same one from ps3store...
    A: They use compression. Because the algorithm of compression is not still reversed, compressed
    isos are not supported yet.
    I really hope it will release on the next popstation.
    2.5>1.5>1.0>1.5>3.02OE-A>3.02OE-B>3.03OE-A>3.03OE-A\'>3.03OE-B>3.03OE-C>3.10OE-A>3.10OE-A\' PSP owner. DAX always rulez.
    - Playing: Metal Slug Anthology, Sid Meier\'s Pirates!, Final Fantasy VII
    Waiting for FINAL FANTASY 7: Crisis Core - Good games always need to wait longer...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast