Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: i got a free PSP from EB :D

Dilligaf Guest

omg, i can't believe this just happened

i went to the shops looking for a cord to connect my PC to my TV, and i thought i might as well stop by at EB on the way.

so i went up to the guy, and asked if he knew when the GPS & camera were coming to australia, and he said he didnt know. then we got to talking about the PS1 games downloadable thru the PS3, and i said that i don't need a PS3 to play the PS1 games

oh and btw, this guy knew NOTHING about homebrew or anything

so i tell him about homebrew and custom firmwares, show him this site etc.

then he asks if i'll downgrade his PSP and put 3.03 OE-A on it

so i thought, sure why not

i downgraded it from 2.60 (up to 2.71 then down to 1.5 (non TA-082)) and then i installed 3.03 OE-A for him

afterwards i showed him how to use homebrew, ISO's, PS1 games etc.

so then i'm about to leave, and he tells me to wait. he tells me to come with him, and he leads me to the back of the store. i wait a minute and then he hands me a BRAND NEW PSP VALUE PACK! i couldnt believe it, i said i couldnt accept it, but he said take it, nobody would notice (yeah right! lol)

so he sorts it out so it won't alert the sensors at the door, and there i am walking out of EB with a brand new PSP!

i get home, and open it. unfortunately, it's a TA-082, but lukily it's only a 2.71 :D

i still can't believe it, i got a PSP for nothing!

this just goes to show that good things happen to people that help others

Iguanahak is offline -Hacks Hacker

omfg lucky guy...i wish i can get another psp.....lol nice.....very very lucky. =)

MAPPYMAN is offline -Hacks Smarty

its what you get for spreading the wonderful world of homebrew and delivering another kick to sony's ass

boomhowza is offline -Hacks Smarty

you are so lucky, i did that for a computer store manager, but he just gave me a $25 gift card, it was still good though...

that_guy is offline -Hacks Ninja

OMG -> that rocks.
    EB where? *...me wonders if I can try the same thing....*

Dilligaf Guest

oh damn it

i just fucked up big time. and i mean BIG!

so far, i have instructed about 20 people on how to downgrade a 2.71 TA-082, and they have all been successful.

and now the weird thing: i try and downgrade this sucker i just got, and believe it or not, i brick it. yep, i can't even follow my own instructions!

i can't believe it, i could've followed the instructions carefully and had another perfect homebrew-enabled PSP, or i could have at least sold it for a bit of money

but no, i bricked it. oh well, at least i didnt lose any money over it ;)

thats the bad news. now on to the good news :D

me and some mates decided to see if we could come up with wacky ways of destroying it (yes, physically destroying it!)

so what does my mate do? he decides to just take it, without saying a thing, he gets in his car (we follow of course, we wanna see this ;)) and we stop outside of a guy's house we really hate, with the car facing directly away from the house.

you know those things you grab the fish with in fish tanks? we got a larger version of that, hooked the PSP up to it

then my mate started burnin sum rubber, with the wheels spinning fast as hell, and we stick the PSP behind the tire...SMASH! psp flies straight through the guy's window lmao, and hopefully broke something expensive

well, we got out of there ASAP, and we havent heard from any cops yet, so in this case, no news is good news lol

anyway, that means i don't have a 2nd PSP anymore :( oh well, i've lived with 1 for ages, i can do it again lol

Happy Hacking people

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

your an idiot

you could have bought it back to the store and told the guy that you got a defective unit an tried to get another one

RoboRat is offline -Hacks Newbie

Fiction, most likely?

cherry007 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

haha nice about that guy his window :D

too bad you bricked it :p imo i would have sold it for some extra money :D

PSP Owner Since 11-12-2006 :: 2.6 > 2.71 > 1.5 > 3.02 OE-B > 3.03 OE-A > 3.03OE-B > 3.30 OE-A\' > 3.52 M33-4 > 3.90 M33-2 + 1.50 Addon

aq3of8 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

hahaha, nice story, maybe the guy was happy that a psp flew through his window, untill he turned it on and realised it was bricked

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast