Thread: Is it smart no to update PS3 firmware? PSP better to stay at 1.5

zmanforever87 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have had my PS3 since the day it has been out. Now I know people who have been updating PSP firmware from Sony direct can't fully take advantage of homebrew. Does it make sense to wait until homebrew is out for the PS3? Are we talking about a long wait for Blu-ray to be cracked or has it already been done? I have been searching the web for a while now and can't seem to find any answer. I had read some articles about madden 07 being mounted and played on the PS3's hard drive but no steps in how to do this or further proof. Now like most new PSP games on the PS3 reports are out new games make you upgrade, also to play online or use the Sony store you have to upgrade. Any thoughts?

tony7 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

yea my thoughts would be that if you can afford a ps3 you can afford the games :lol:

DiGiC is offline -Hacks Neophyte

It would be exremely difficult to get copied games or to download PS3 games even if it were cracked seeing as the games are upto ~25GB, wth linux on the PS3 I think that would b pretty much all you'd really need, the way I think of it is if you've got a OS running along side the PS3 eventually someones gonna do something for linux to tap into the power the PS3 to do whatever u wanna do anyway, esp as linux is open source. Just a thought though :)
    Original 1.5 PSP (June 2005) > 2.00 > 1.50 > 3.02OE A/B/C > 3.03OE A > 3.10OE A\' > 3.40OE A > 3.51 M33 > 3.52 M33-3 > 4.01M33 > ??? > 5.50GEN D3 (Thanks Dark_AleX, M33 & GEN) & PSP Go (Oct 09) OFW>6.10> 6.20...
    HTID Forever =D

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Sony and their damn firmware update :P

zmanforever87 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yes damn firmware upgrades, would like to wait and c. blu-ray very big files, lol.