Thread: Freaky hold switch stuff

Anti-Steve is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Okay, so last night I was listening to music and my hold switch was freaking out like crazy. It would be in the middle, but I couldn't use the L or R buttons, or the screen button. When I turned hold on and then back off, the song would restart every time I did it. I did a full restart of my PSP and it was still doing this. Now, my PSP doesn't look like it's in good shape, but it's never had any performance problems. I booted into SNES9X and exited and the problem was fixed. Anybody have any idea of what happened or know of anything similar?

PSP: Gave it to my gf with 4.01 M33
    CONDITION: 3rd-Party replacement faceplate and buttons, slight disrepair

p0Wer is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Lol maybe the button got stuck underneith :/

chinz is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by p0Wer
    Lol maybe the button got stuck underneith :/
    sound like it may be you should try pm ing 1 God1King

hes best at this

okay... I guess I'll keep posting here then since bellyOfdesire locked it in the section that he moved it to and then said I started two threads on the same topic lol...

lol thanks chinz for the recommendation - if it happens again and I can't fix it I'll PM him.

But this has never happened to anyone else? Should I feel special or should I feel like a redneck for potentially beating the crap out of my PSP?

belly0fdesire is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

You did start 2 threads on the same topic. There was one in Help because I moved it there and then you started another one here. I locked the one in Help, but didn't lock the one here. I shouldn't have to follow you around fixing things. Start one thread about a topic in one section (preferably the proper section)... if no one answers you, then it means no one cares.... it doesn't mean you need to start another thread...

...always assume I'm going to go into EVERY thread...

If you feel you shouldn't follow me around fixing things, then don't. Damn straight you ain't my babysitter. Let me post in peace. Mistakes happen. I don't really remember starting two threads, but it's more like it was the same thread since they both had the same exact text... I don't really see why you didn't lock the one that popped up in general by mistake instead of the place where you said it should go. "if no one answers you, then it means no one cares.... it doesn't mean you need to start another thread..." (Compensating for the fact that no one cares about you with saying that no one does about me? I'm sure no one does besides you, but at least I'm secure about it.)

And there was a reason I didn't put it in help - I did consider this, by the way - was because it wasn't a problem for me, as I stated by saying I fixed it. I put it in general because I wanted to possibly share something interesting with other people, see what they had to say about it and find out if it was something common to happen. But, as usual with everything that anyone can do, someone has to piss on it, just to bring negativity into the spectrum, so their whiny ass can have some perspective.

And usually if I don't get any replies at all I delete the thread after two days. And what's with "Lock," this and "thread," that? If I could lock stuff, I'd be discrete about it, not go on a gung-ho locking and moving campaign. I just wouldn't want to give myself that much work when I could be doing something like playing baseball or seeing how long I could hold my breath, grocery shopping or clipping my toenails.

And just on a side note, I don't get how superiority over anything is derived by how many posts a member has, at least to a certain extent. I'd think that the more posts you have, the less chance you have of reproducing or becoming successful in any kind of "real" world, and probably the more you weigh, worse you smell, and bad you look, but hey, you can move and lock things!

...always assume I'll snap if you push me....

The End.

belly0fdesire is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

It's not a matter of superiority, it's a matter of me moderating the forums and you abiding by the rules. If you can't, you'll be banned. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by belly0fdesire, a moderator, already
    Start one thread about a topic in one section (preferably the proper section)... if no one answers you, then it means no one cares.... it doesn't mean you need to start another thread...
    I didn't say no one cares about you... I said no one cares about your topic, which is obviously still true.

*LOCKED*