Thread: Ebay Japanese PSP???

neverdye is offline -Hacks Newbie

I am in the market for a downgradeable PSP to play around with. I have been doing some reading up / research for a couple weeks, and am ready to make the purchase. The question I have is do any of you have experience with the Japanese PSP's off ebay? they seem like a decent deal...just wondering if all of the homebrew etc is compatible with these versions.

drmadcow is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

it don't matter if its japanese or not as long as its got 1.5 or a downgradable firmware you can use it for homebrew,etc on any psp that has FW lower then 2.80

Dookie is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

buy that shit
    XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN

ksoma is offline -Hacks Newbie

well if you asking about homebrew then any psp with fw 1.50 will do for your homebrew needs but if you asking about JAP PSPs from ebay as a service then be cautious my friend as there is no after sales service when it arrives on your doorstep.

Trust me i bought a JAP PSP from ebay well before it came out in the UK and these were the first generation PSP's model PSP-1000. What happened was the power switch broke meaning the switch became very flimsy and wouldnt turn on, i e-mailed the seller and he/she was no help at all! f*cking ebay service is sh*t! so i had to take it into my own hands and repaired the PSP myself. i ended up taking a power switch from a GBC (yes gameboy colour) and soldered the switch to my psp mainboard.

Funny thing is it worked and even the hold button worked but after installing 3.02 oe-a and now with 3.03 oe-b the hold function dont work anymore, but i dont care about that. jus becarefull of ebay after sales service, eh what do you expect a PSP seller to do from Hong Kong when their products shipped to the UK have a problem, they dont bother to reply to your e-mails thats what!

bluefoxtim is offline -Hacks Ninja

If its an Jap psp from a UK seller - go for it.

Mines Jap and is great!

I wouldn't buy it from Hong Kong or whatever....

ezza61 is offline -Hacks Member

Well I personally woulnd buy a jap psp, maybe take your chances at ur local retail, it would probebly come with fw 2.71 and ta-082 which is very downgradable nowadays.

My PsP: TA-082 3.10 OE-A\'
    \"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun, you dont stare at it, its too risky, you get a sense of it then you look away!\" - Jerry Sienfeld

patricktm is offline -Hacks Neophyte

if you don't mind higher price maybe, you can try here,

http://www.colourful-zone.com/Store/...roducts_id=127

i also brought from them. their customer service is wonderful. it's silver, 1.5 firmware, it is ok without any problem. they also have other colour and firmware version you can choose. :)

btw, why you insist in jap psp?

i don't trust ebay except the price is lower, no any customer service before and after you buy the product.