Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DevHook vs Open Edition

yanquiuxo is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by matsacc
    boohoo! the psp-hacks board is boring! if you don't like it, go outside a fly a kite, jerk
    You didn't get my point at all, just try searching for all the devhook vs se polls and topics, now it's starting all over again with oe, so fuck you dumbass.
    i didn't get your point? you didn't even write a complete sentence. and you're calling me the dumbass.

the only reason i wrote what i did because your comment was completely cynical, uncalled for, and completely unnecessary to the conversation at hand. if people wanna talk about which firmware they prefer, then this is the right place to do it, and they shouldn't have to deal with whiny kids who spend too much time on the net.

even kindergardners know that if you dont have anything nice to say then you shouldn't say anything at all, and you called ME a dumbass.

...still waiting for street sk8er to work for psx......

Brandon88 is offline -Hacks Smarty

I'm still a 1.5 user with Devhook, but it only has a few things the custom firmwares don't. One would be you don't need to flash and another since 3.02 OE Location Free Player has been removed even though it is pretty much useless. I really like the icon for it though. Can't think of much else off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon88
    I'm still a 1.5 user with Devhook, but it only has a few things the custom firmwares don't. One would be you don't need to flash and another since 3.02 OE Location Free Player has been removed even though it is pretty much useless. I really like the icon for it though. Can't think of much else off hand.
    the location free player icon is still on 3.03 oe-b, and as far as flashing goes, its pretty full-proof... you should give 3.03oeb a shot man, i went about about a week ago from 1.5 w devhook and haven't looked back (i too was skeptical, was on 1.5 for over a year and was real happy)...

what have you got to lose?...

besides.....

PS1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I have really been debating and I know 2 people who have upgraded to 3.02 and 3.03. One was also a TA-82, but I heard the latest version 3.03 OE-B has issues in the PS1 area and I don't want to use that new thing that came out that uses 3.02 in 3.03

yeah, i mean unless you are really scared of flashing it, or feel like you don't know what you're doing i can understand why you would be reluctant to change. but otherwise, even if you don't like it, you can still go back to 1.5.

my ps1 collection (slowly growing) has 24 games, i think ive come across 2 that don't work (mortal kombat trilogy and dino crisis, im not that bummed), all the rest run perfectly...its the thing for me because i grew up where snes and ps1 had an impact on my life, and its cool to relive my glory days of crash and spyro and shit :D

and as for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon88
    I don't want to use that new thing that came out that uses 3.02 in 3.03
    i don't really think i understand/know what you're talking about, sorry dude, 3.03 oe-b runs flawlessly though!

its just 3.03 and 1.5 combined, what could be better?

Yeah sorry I couldn't think of what it was called, but I looked it up and it was the 3.02 PSX Emulator on 3.03 OE. Its on the home page for now. Quick question since your nice enough to answer me...Do you have any multiple disc games and if so how to you play them/ how much room does a multiple disc game take up?

i have one multi-disc game, that is metal gear solid, ripped from my personal collection. the solution is simple: when you edit the eboot file (the ps1 game)(this can be done on any popstation gui, check downloads section) you just have to make sure the game ID and the title are the same for both discs, works fine. i have the game compressed at level 9; disc 1 is 490 mb and disc 2 is 450 mb (although by no means do you need both on your stick at once).

ive yet to experience such major issues with the 3.03oeb emulator, so i have no reason to use the 3.02 one, so i cant really give any help there :/ sorry bro

Yeah well I wouldn't want to download it anyways was just using it as an example. Thanks for the info though...so you do need the other disc as well. I was hoping you could combine them into one entire eboot. I will still debate about the custom firmware...I am being stubborn, but hey it took me a while to upgrade to 2.0 to play GTA and then after I did it took me forever to downgrade back to 1.5 after making the mistake to upgrade to 2.0

nekoakuma is offline -Hacks Hacker

well, ffvii total is like 2gb or something.

meh. keep one disc at a time on ms, then swpa when needed. so youi also got room for music/iso/video etc.
    Launch PSP-1002 5.50 Prome-4 [Backup/Recovery PSP]
    Near-Launch PSP-1000 6.39ME-4 [Homebrew/iR controller]
    Near-Launch PSP-2002 5.50 Prome-4 [Games/Movies]

ajax is offline -Hacks Neophyte

What is OE ? :P Oh and how the hell can you load a game through usb using devhook 0.46 (ver 3.3 installer)?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast