Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Half Bricked Psp's (the worst has come)

mcnoles is offline -Hacks Newbie

yes its true.. i dont know how i managed to do it but i did.. i had a simple 2.71 ta-082 psp which i got for christmas.. i found the wonderfull world of hacks and i downgraded my 2.71 ta-082 psp and it worked perfectly i had 1.50 and i was so proud but i couldn't play games and i was confuzzled on why.. so i heard that i had to update to the latest firmware of 3.03 so i upgraded to 3.03 oe-a and it worked perfectly but i still couldn't play games(iso) so I searched google for the problem which i was having and i found out that i needed kernel so i went and asked people how i get this and they said i had to go into recovery mode and do it.. from there it went downhill.. i went into recovery mode and tried finding kernel but couldn't so i just clicked on recover thinking that was it.. much to my dismay it downgraded me back to 1.50 so i was like fux gotta go back up to 3.03 oe-a again so when i tried getting i plugged in my adaptor and bham my psp goes black.. i was like wtf??!?! so i take out the battery and try it again.. same thing.. the thing is black so i figure that its bricked and i'm a stupid piece of shit but hold up... i can still get into recovery mode.. wtf?!.... which means that i'm not bricked... i'm "HALF BRICKED" if anyone knows whats wrong then i'd be more than happy to hear it otherwise this bad-boy(psp) is goin into the trash.

edit: just fixed this problem the thing was that the recovery wasn't reflashing 1.50 it would just shut off and go into brick mode.. so i had to set up a new directory of reflash and download the systemcntrl1.50 thingy and once i reflashed it. the recovery worked and now i'm back to playin games (h) 3.03 oe-a ftw

fizzyxl is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

you are still on 2.71 if you can get into recovery
    You have to go to 1.5 anyway, read the read-me!!!

YoYoBallz is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Recover it to 1.5 and make sure your power cord is pluged in before you even start..

cage is offline -Hacks Veteran

Erm... i'm confused

it sounds like you upgraded it for real and didn't install the oe-a version

where did you get the upgrade from?

i got it from psp-hacks.com and it was 3.03 oe-a cause i checked system settings and it said it was 3.03 oe-a but then i was told that i needed kernel to run games (bad information) and i didn't know how to do it so i found out how to go into recovery mode and tried recoverying to go back to 1.50 but then when i did i got 1.50 for maybe 10 seconds and then it just went black when i tried to go back up to 3.03 oe-a so now i'm stuck sumwhere between 1.5 and 3.03 oe-a

lifey is offline -Hacks Newbie

my i suggest u get a 1.50 eboot and rename it UPDATE.PBP... then connect your ac adapter so u have loads of power.
    connect usb cable switch psp on in recovery mode that is hold r-trigger while turning it on..now u will be in recovery mode use the first option which is usb mode so make sure your usb cable and pc r connected......no on yor pc find the psp double click go to game folder find recovery folder and place the 1.50 eboot u renamed to UPDATE.PBP now u must use caps when u rename eboot so it looks exactly like this.....UPDATE.PBP
    after u have placed the UPDATE.PBP in the recovery folder highlight the back option on your psp then go to run program at/PSP/GAME/RECVERY/EBOOT.PBP.....
    now follow the on screen instructions and it will recover your psp back to 1.50 f.w.
    now i know this might have been a bad experience for u but it happened cos u did not read up on the subject b4 u started so in order for u to be successful next time pleas e read the readme included in dark alex's great works and find not 1 not even 2 but 3 of the guides around the forum before u try again...and even then ask for helpthe people here r always ready to help and u could pm me if u get stuck again and i will help u.....:)

Quote Originally Posted by lifey
    my i suggest u get a 1.50 eboot and rename it UPDATE.PBP... then connect your ac adapter so u have loads of power.
    connect usb cable switch psp on in recovery mode that is hold r-trigger while turning it on..now u will be in recovery mode use the first option which is usb mode so make sure your usb cable and pc r connected......no on yor pc find the psp double click go to game folder find recovery folder and place the 1.50 eboot u renamed to UPDATE.PBP now u must use caps when u rename eboot so it looks exactly like this.....UPDATE.PBP
    after u have placed the UPDATE.PBP in the recovery folder highlight the back option on your psp then go to run program at/PSP/GAME/RECVERY/EBOOT.PBP.....
    now follow the on screen instructions and it will recover your psp back to 1.50 f.w.
    now i know this might have been a bad experience for u but it happened cos u did not read up on the subject b4 u started so in order for u to be successful next time pleas e read the readme included in dark alex's great works and find not 1 not even 2 but 3 of the guides around the forum before u try again...and even then ask for helpthe people here r always ready to help and u could pm me if u get stuck again and i will help u.....:)
    doesn't work i've tried that numerous times...
    it just goes black after i tried to recover.... i dont think u can recover if u have a ta - 082 model.. thats the only thing that i have so far.. its half bricked and theirs nothin i can do.. i wish their was a button to reset the whole psp..

lifey is offline -Hacks Newbie

ok if u go here it might help u.....i'm only guessing that u had the same kind of brick that this topic and fix is about if any1 can help they can.........

http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=431

lots of luck .............:)

let me know if it helps cos u could post and help others...with same problem...

mmmmmm is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

sorry, the question was so badly formatted, I couldnt remember the begining by the time I got to the end.
    ( ^^)b

Sameapple is offline -Hacks Smarty

I'm not trying to flame but just so you know

1. First of all, you dont need to find the kernal thingy to play ISO with the default settings that you have at the moment ur psp became 3.02 OE-A
    2. Even I dont have an idea of what exactly is the kernal thingy, I know for sure it is referring to a type of mode, the user mode or kernal mode. Terms for advance hackers, and since they're some kind of "modes" not expressed / informed to the public explicitly, it's reasonable to believe they're probably not the cause.

3.The question now is, are you still able to enter the "Recovery" mode? If yes, then ur 100% garenteed that u will restore ur psp back into funtionning all you have to do is download the "Custom Firmware 3.02OE-A" Installation package / Installer composed by Chaos Zero (http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=58369), run the installer and select the one that says give you the recovery files for downgrading to 1.50

4. Like it was mentioned by others, I dont understand clearly of what happened to ur psp in the end. It sounds to me that you have downgrade back to 1.50 or the system blacked out during the downgrade process?
    PSP History:

1.50 > 2.50 > 2.60 > 2.70 > 2.71 > 1.50 > 2.00 > 1.50 > 2.71 SE-B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast