Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cintro mod... Is it too high risk and be removed?

fizzyxl is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I keep hearing Nubs who are bricking their psps with the new Cintro mod installer... My question is should it be removed from popular sites and be replaced with an installer for the non flashing version?

I use the original from http://dl.qj.net/CIntro-PSP-Homebrew...0679/catid/140 and it works great and has no risk of bricking....

The moded cintro uses FLASHED pmfs and therfore has a high brick risk...

The only issue is that the origional is not an installer so Nubs can't be bothered... more the pity when they loose their psp...

I vote for this new Cintro to be deleted as its almost as much of a Nub killer as filer...

lifey is offline -Hacks Newbie

i dont think it should be removed........cos in order for u to use it u must read the readme...all flashing is dangerous and if u want a gameboot on your flash 1 then that is the risk u take kando is a fine dev and has made some nice programs....
    i too was concerned when i saw threads about c-intro bricking psp's and then i saw loads of comments where people ask where is parental control...where is font folder i have custom firmware and my homebrew doe's not work....screen capture doe'snt work....now i am not flaming any 1 but if u don't read the readme and always use installers to do the work u learn nothing.....
    i'm not sayin auto installers r bad cos i have used 1 ot 2 myself but what is the point of wanting custom firmware and not reading the readme....the dev's go to a great deal and trouble making the homebrew and apps and all they ask is u read the readme and accept the danger if u don't install right.....
    there r quite afew people using this c-intro app and everything is fine so i say let it stay and don't blame the dev's after all reading is good right....

I'm not sayng kando isn't a good dev... all i'm saying is that this mod has had LOTS of publicity and the old one has none, this is why theres so many bricks, people who are new or just lazy don't know old one exists and so take a risk and due to not reading or due to upgrading firmware etc they brick...

If kando made the old one better and re-release then it would be far better... the new one is killing psps, just look at the polls on various sites, more bricks than successes in most cases.

lifey is offline -Hacks Newbie

he did release a update to this mod....

http://pspupdates.qj.net/CIntro-Modi...g/49/aid/78791

and i am in no way attackin your thread but i am offering my opinion....which your thread invites.
    even the most experienced person can brick a psp. all apps that access flash is dangerous....sometimes u win sometimes u lose........
    u have to decide if u need a pmf movie booting from flash1.....and i think if u do want it that bad u should read every bit of infomation u can.....i am really sorry that people bricked psp from this app and i hope there is a way to fix it at some point ...cos i have seen loads of threads about it to.....and all i can say is it works on his psp and many others......and it is complicated to a degree in it's first release....

SXForce is offline -Hacks Guru

Not bothered, my psp works fine WITHOUT it :P I use the nice X-Flash

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

I could care less either way.

yet another member lost their psp to this brew.... Jubblin has a thread saying such, I'm curious to find out who else has lost their psp to this mod?

(and a bump ;))

t0xicR3B0RN is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ill stick with Xflash.

Man. is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

just run it from ur mem stick
    --------------------мαкανєℓι тнα ∂ση--------------------

Mason is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I dont think i've seen as many bricks from any other type of activity...

Theres more bricks from flashing cintro lately than downgrade mishaps...

We need a sticky warning about 3.03OE users and cintro flashing...

PSP History: 2.6-> 2.71-> 1.5-> 2.0-> 1.5-> 1.5CFW + DH0.46 = 1.5CFW/2.71EMU ------
    -->3.02OE-B -----> 3.03OE-B/DevHook 0.51.0101 = CustomFirmware and never bricked!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast