Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 333 overclocking

brk3 is offline -Hacks Member

Just wondering could someone tell us a little more about this..
    - does it use more battery power?
    - is the psp designed to do this or is it a hack?

Will4042 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

It does use more battery
    The psp is meant to be clocked at 333 MHz, but it is under clocked to increase battery life and stability

I find it unnecessary to over clock unless im playing a very cpu hoggish cso...

My Verdict: use it when you need it, when you dont, dont use it
    kodachiNET Owner
    irc.kodachi.net #kodachi
    kodachi.net
    YES ADS!

cheers!

Sameapple is offline -Hacks Smarty

Same here, I was looking for refernece about over clocking to 333 few mins ago. I just did and I'd like to remind those who attempt in doing so a few things that:

1.It is true that Sony set 222mhz speed as of default while it is capable of 333mhz. In addition, Sony "Did Not" state the purpse for it, but it's self explanitoy.
    2.Wikipedia has stated that at 333mhz, it will consumes battery life. However they did not state whether it will shorten the cpu's life span.
    3.It is generally that, the faster the cpu runs, the shorter its life spans.
    4.Faster speed would cause the psp in producing more heat (at 333mhz, the output has incrased by 50% compared to 222mhz).

Maybe there are more factors to consider but I have decided to test out the practical difference between default clocked speed and 333mhz.
    PSP History:

1.50 > 2.50 > 2.60 > 2.70 > 2.71 > 1.50 > 2.00 > 1.50 > 2.71 SE-B

Quote Originally Posted by Sameapple
    Same here, I was looking for refernece about over clocking to 333 few mins ago. I just did and appearently I'd like to remind those who attempt in doing so a few things that:

1.It is true that Sony set 222mhz speed as of default while it is capable of 333mhz. In addition, Sony "Did Not" state the purpse for it, but it's self explanitoy.
    2.Wikipedia has stated that at 333mhz, it will consumes battery life. However they did not state whether it will shorten the cpu's life span.
    3.It is generally that, the faster the cpu runs, the shorter its life spans.
    4.Faster speed would cause the psp in producing more heat.

Maybe there are more factors to consider but I have decided to test out the practical difference between default clocked speed and 333mhz.
    cheers for that too mate! very helpful

cor3 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

like will said only use it wen u need it

kingrun1 Guest

umm how to change mhz on 3.02oe-b?

walthman is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by kingrun1
    umm how to change mhz on 3.02oe-b?
    you can't you need to update to 3.03 OE-B. the CPU speed change has been added in the recovery menu.

Noin is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

333mhz is only useful in games which lag in some moments, or almost all the time (GTA series for the PSP)
    Inventory: White 3.40 OE-A PsP (uNuSeD) | Black 3.40 OE-A PsP (bRiCkEd) | Black 3.03 OE-B PsP (f\'ed up Motherboard) | Piano Black Slim/Lite 5.00m33 PsP (Alive and kickin\')

walthman is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Noin
    333mhz is only useful in games which lag in some moments, or almost all the time (GTA series for the PSP)
    i've noticed when i use 333mhz the majority of games that i play the framerate is so much better, smoother, much prefer 333mhz, i havent put it on default since :D

GTA has an unstable framerate anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast