Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: post stories why you upgraded your fw when you first bought it here.

the_alchemist is offline -Hacks Smarty

I'll start off by telling the stupidest story I've ever told. I had a 2.0 psp. I upgraded to 2.71 (>.<) becuase I wanted to view flash stuff. (now heres the kicker) I upgraded AGAIN to 2.8 for the god damn world tour soccer demo. I played it for about 2 minutes and had to wait about an extra two months from upgrading from 2.1 to 2.8. Anyone got any more retarted reasons?

Yes...I am way to lazy to make a real signature.
    PSP\'s history
    2.60---2.71---2.8(FUCKK!!!!)---1.5(YAY!)---3.02 OE-B---3.03 OE-C(2 scared to upgrade to 3.10, heard nasty rumors)
    I\'m havin so much fun with my 4gb memory card!

drmadcow is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

umm yeah I upgraded my 1.52 to 2.0 until a downgrader came out then I downgraded to 1.5 then thats about as high as my psp's been besides 3.03 oe-b

eloder is offline -Hacks Veteran

my friend accidentally upgraded my psp to 2.5 (cuz the umd i use to load was an upgrader to 2.5), good thing i knew how to use downgraders :mrgreen: :twisted:

ezza61 is offline -Hacks Member

My friend upgraded to fw 3.01 cuz on the sony site you could download free "iso" demos of games.

My PsP: TA-082 3.10 OE-A\'
    \"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun, you dont stare at it, its too risky, you get a sense of it then you look away!\" - Jerry Sienfeld

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

I upgraded to 2.00 because of the web browser. Then waited for the downgrader.

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

I upgraded my 2.5 to 2.6 because they say they it'll lower the brick risk when downgrading

Sameapple is offline -Hacks Smarty

Sigh... back in the days i didnt know i could not load homebrews in FWs higher than 1.50. And so I thought the "latest" FW update must be positive or I thought that the psp was meant to act as a pocket pc that allow home made applications. Well as a result I upgraded my psp to 2.5, immediately discovered that I could no longer run homebrew games then i research on the interent and found psp-hacks.com forum... Felt stupid and realizing that I am fuk up, I continued reading more posts and I found out about someone mentioning after nearly 8 months of exploit in FW 2.0 hackers were able to release a downgrader just not too long ago.

It would then be logical to think a downgrader for 2.5 would take at least 8 months to produce if not longer and for that reason I am convinced to give up "waiting" for one, so I upgrade my psp to 2.70 to play the UMD I bought.

But everything turned out the pleasant, magnificent way when I came back to US after spending my summer vacation in Hong Kong. Not too long later, there was a confirmed safe downgrader made for 2.71. Of course without hesitation I downgraded my psp (it was about 8 months from FW2.5 to the born of 2.71 downgrader)!! It was the most memorable experience and moment to me in psp world, I highly respect Dark Alex for his holy work.
    PSP History:

1.50 > 2.50 > 2.60 > 2.70 > 2.71 > 1.50 > 2.00 > 1.50 > 2.71 SE-B

that_guy is offline -Hacks Ninja

I went from 2.5 to 2.71

all because I wanted to downgrade of course :P

SanzioSan is offline -Hacks Veteran

o.O wow none of u knew about homebrew b4 you bought ur psps? 1st thing i did when i got my 2.0 was downgrade it to 1.5 then download fastloader. Then upgraded/downgraded whenever i wanted to play gta:LCS
    Translation: Blah blah blah blah blah

LinK3604 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

bought it as 2.71 and left it there till the 2.71 ta82 downgrader came out

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast