Thread: Should I sell this?

sakla is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have the PSP with the mobo that everyone wants running 2.71, should I sell it and get a new one?

I came to this site thinking there may be cool tricks I can do...but to be honest, I am a little intimidated by all I have read.

The more I read the more I find that the info I just read is out dated. I thought I should downgrade to 1.5 and install devhook (not fully sure I understand that part) but then I read about 2.71SE which would mean I don't need Devhook at all? But I would have to downgrade to 1.5 first and then upgrade to 2.71SE?????

All this so that I can play ISO's of games I already own but haven't ripped, right?

Out of all the things I have read, I get most excited and use out of MyTunesRSS, which I didn't need a hack at all.

How different IS life with a hacked PSP? The game thing isn't enough of a reason for me (yet)...any suggestions?

Or, as the subject line state, should I just sell this to someone who loves hacking PSPs and buy a new one?

sakla is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ack...so there is a thread I missed about going to 3.03oe directly from 2.71?

waldog is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

The games load faster in iso mode and the ability to play emulators and other homebrew is enough. the fact that you can try betas of games others have ripped is always good. If you have some plug-ins for custom firmware that is a +. Example - B-Boy takes about 30 seconds to load on the umd, on the iso it takes 5. You can cram a ton of iso's on a 4gb card and not have to carry all the umd's.