Thread: [release] Official Firmware 3.1

SXForce is offline -Hacks Guru

Changes:

Quote Originally Posted by qj
    File Description
    After the confusion of the 3.10 update, I think we've got most of the info and are ready to clear the confusion. Firstly, blame some guy called thedevil_666 who uploaded a modified 3.03 firmware update on rapidshare for half of the confusion. Dark_AleX modified the decrypter to decrypt the firmware, the fake one, not knowing its authienticity. This gave everyone the impression that the new firmware was a mistake by Sony, seeing how most of the files seemed to be the 3.03 versions.

In the meanwhile, bgmnt on MaxConsole opened the updater in a hex editor and noticed something strange..The fake updater actually had a .jpg image of the Earth injected into it. Yeah, you read that right. Stupid.

I've also received word that US residents should be able to get it via the Network Update function, the site hasn't been updated yet. The real changes in the firmware seem to be quite deep though. In the last couple of hours, people have tried decrypting the firmware and have failed. While this would be expected, it seems that this time, even the updater keys have been changed. This can mean that all firmwares below 1.52 won't be able to upgrade directly since they don't have they keys to decrypt the update.

The other thing which caught my eye is that Sony could have modified the updater to write the firmware differently. I've already heard rumors that people who've tried to upgrade their downgraded TA-082/TA-086 PSPs have bricked, so whoever is in that group, don't think of updating anytime soon.

At this point, I would recommend all of you to stay away from this update. We can expect some magic from Team C+D soon, so until then, it would be safe to wait and watch, seeing how ALL of you should be on downgradeable firmwares right now. Anyways, if anyone wants to tinker around with the update, they can download it from below.
    DOWNLOAD (Sony, here you can get the right one for sure)
    DOWNLOAD Mirror (QJ - US)
    (Update - Not recommended!)
    DO NOT UPGRADE IF YOU JUST DOWNGRADED YOUR PSP 3.03 -> 1.5, THIS WILL CAUSE A BRICK.

In other news:
    Rumour: Dark_alex has decrypted the firmware already

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SXForce
    I've also received word that US residents should be able to get it via the Network Update function, the site hasn't been updated yet. The real changes in the firmware seem to be quite deep though. In the last couple of hours, people have tried decrypting the firmware and have failed. While this would be expected, it seems that this time, even the updater keys have been changed. This can mean that all firmwares below 1.52 won't be able to upgrade directly since they don't have they keys to decrypt the update.
    The one reason I personally dont believe the paragraph above is because someone couldve just downloaded it onto their memory stick, and copy and pasted it here instead of running it. Seems too unlikely. Ill wait til Sony "Officially" releases it on their site.

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

chinz is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nedthehead
    Quote Originally Posted by SXForce
    The one reason I personally dont believe the paragraph above is because someone couldve just downloaded it onto their memory stick, and copy and pasted it here instead of running it. Seems too unlikely. Ill wait til Sony "Officially" releases it on their site.
    sounds the right way for now

iamamp3pimp is offline -Hacks Member

so the sony upgrade is a bricker?

nice

sepreath is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by iamamp3pimp
    so the sony upgrade is a bricker?

nice
    If you downgraded from 3.03

I don\'t give a crap about your firmware history