Thread: How To install Custom Firmware 3.03 OE-C

mastermoe1 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Install 3.03 OE-C

You must be on 1.50 or another custom firmware to use this!

To Downgrade to 1.50 from 3.03 go Here

For Some Odd Reason Youtube Would not take my video Of the installation of 3.02 OE-A so i uploaded it. here it the link Click Here

I have Just Changed the Upgrade From 3.02 OE-A To 3.03 OE-C

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS (Nuthin should happen Ive done this many times, everything should go good just becareful keeps your psp on the charger and make sure battery is full all required download are at the bottom download all the files

I Also got this Tut From Qj.net As Well Most Credit Goes To Them

Here's the full list of new features in 3.03 OE-C:

* AVC videos bitrate limit patched. The firmware limited the bitrate of avc videos to only 768 Kbps. OE now forces the limit to be 16384 Kbps. (Note: this doesn’t mean than the psp can handle such a high bitrate; this means than they won’t show error. I don’t know which is the real maximum bitrate than the psp can handle at full speed).
    * Speed of OE boot is now ~3 seconds faster than previous versions. (without plugins).
    * Cpu speed of XMB can now be changed.
    * Wifi can now work at 333 Mhz.
    * Added access to flashes 0 and 1 via usb in the recovery menu, based on the great idea of USBSSS by Booster. Note that writing is enabled, so this is intended only for advanced users that know what they are doing in each moment. (It is not a great idea to change anything from the kd folder). Because of this addition, the rest of flashing options were removed.
    * PSP isos can now be deleted as any normal memstick games. (also the size of the iso now shows fine when you press triangle->information).
    * When formatting memory stick, GAME150, GAME303 and ISO directories will be automatically created.
    * Changes in internal HEN core:
    o If a EBOOT.PBP with a plain DATA.PSP had a data.psar, modulemgr took as size of the executable the size of data.psp+data.psar. Fixed. (this fix enables psx games to have plain data.psp without causing a memory error).
    o Added a couple of patches found by Tyranid. One allows syscalls instructions to be used in kernel mode without causing a crash. The other allows sceKernelQueryModuleInfo to work with sceInit and previous modules.
    * POPs: The writing is now a bit different. This avoid “Memory stick blinking too much” bug when using the plugin to load the 3.02 pops.
    * POPs: popstation now lets the use of non-encrypted DATA.PSP. If data.psp is in the same directory as the app, popstation will use that as the DATA.PSP of the eboot.pbp. Otherwise, it will use the one from BASE.PBP. A DATA.PSP that imitates the original sony one is included.

EBOOT.PBP generated with a non encrypted data.psp won’t need the file KEYS.BIN at all.

* 3.03 Custom Firmware - 3.03 firmware environment with 1.50 homebrew capability.
    * Can run homebrew using 3.03 kernel
    * UMD Video region free
    * PSP kernel region selector
    * O/X button selector
    * WMA enabling option
    * Flash player enabling option
    * Pops (SCE PSONE emulator) - DRM protection hacked (Which means that you can now your game on more than one psp, and share them over the internet)

The installation is just like the previous custom firmwares by Dark_AleX. Nonetheless, here's a guide:

Generating the DATA.DXAR:

1. Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME/ if you are using 1.50 firmware and to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are using whatever version of 2.71 Se or 3.0X OE.
    2. Get the 1.50 and 3.03 Update eboots in the oeupdmaker folder with the names "150.PBP" and "303.PBP".
    3. Run oeupdmaker. This program will create a file called DATA.DXAR in the same directory (oeupdmaker).
    4. The program will verify that the SHA-1 of the generated file is correct.
    5. Once that you have done this, you can save the DATA.DXAR file to skip this step in the future.

Flashing DATA.DXAR:

1. Copy the directories oeflasher and oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME (or /PSP/GAME150 if you are on 2.71 SE or 3.0X OE)
    2. Copy the generated DATA.DXAR from oeupdmaker to oeflasher directory.
    3. Run the flasher. If your battery is less than 75%, the program will show the error saying so and will return you to the XMB. This check can be by passed at your own risk by executing the program with triangle and L pressed.
    4. The program will continue showing an agreement. Press X to accept and flash the custom firmware, or R to cancel and exit to the XMB.
    5. If you accept, the program will flash the custom firmware. Don't shutdown the PSP and don't remove the memory stick.
    6. Once finished, shutdown the psp and restart manually to 3.03 OE :)

Again, the latest release is nothing more than revolutionary, the key features being 3.03 VSH and the PSONE emulation hacks.

(A last minute note - occasionally this program will result in a blue screen error, but this is not harmful. Just restart and try again.)

For the rar files if you dont have already Download: [Winrar]

Download :[3.03 OE-C Software]
    Download: [1.50 Update]
    Download: [3.03 Update]

PSP: 3.40 OE-A 4GB Sandisk Socom FTB2 Name: Z3720
    How To: Downgrade 3.03 Click Here
    How To: Install Custom Firmware Currently 3.03 OE-C Click Here

chinz is offline -Hacks Veteran

sorry why two threads

remove one

add this to the other one or the other way round lol

one is for Downgrading 3.03 and this one is for installing 3.03 OE-C

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Man! Its easy enough to install! That, and there are like 20 tutorials on this, and the official readme.

This is not neccessary

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

Kypt is offline -Hacks Smarty

True, you're just repeating what's already been written. What you could do is add pictures of each step. That would help some that are better visual followers than text.

thats why i have video which is better than pics by a mile plus i only have a 1.3 mega pixel camera